Deal Progress report, showing all progress between Stages in a reporting window

DamianB
DamianB Member Posts: 4
First Anniversary Photogenic

Is there a way to generate a report/table that has rows for each Deal, and columns for each Stage, and content data that shows the date that each Deal entered that Stage?

My company has an OKR target for the number of Deals progressing to each stage of our Pipeline during the [quarter]. Today I have to create the report manually. Pipedrive Insights only shows me the current Stage and the date that the Deal entered that  Stage. To find the history of Stage entry dates I have to go through each Deal detail page manually and look through the Activities history for records of Stage changes.
So Pipedrive is already holding the data. 

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Markus Funk
    Markus Funk Member Posts: 111
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2021 #2

@Mike van der Valk 

Great idea from @Damian Bown 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2021 #3

Hi @Damian Bown 

We don't have a report to show that unfortunately. We do have the data and if you have someone technical in your team you can use Pipedrive's open API to pull that information from our database. So if you have someone in the team who knows about that, it can still save you a lot of time and manual work.

• DamianB
    DamianB Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi Mike van de Valk,
    Good suggestion. 
    Can you advise on which deal fields in the API I should be querying to access information on the date and time of all Stage changes on my deals. I imagine it should include

Deal ID:
    Date and time of Stage change:
    To: Stage

thanks

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2021 #5

Hi Mike van de Valk,
    Good suggestion. 
    Can you advise on which deal fields in the API I should be querying to access information on the date and time of all Stage changes on my deals. I imagine it should include

Deal ID:
    Date and time of Stage change:
    To: Stage

thanks

Hi @Damian Bown 

It looks I've made a mistake :( I can't find this this data in our API either :(

I will definitely pass this on internally so we can hopefully improve this in the future... sorry...

• Jenny Baluca - 3
    Jenny Baluca - 3 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Is this option to report deal stage change now available in the reports?

• Ross
    Ross Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Following up on this request as well! It is a feature I and my organization would use heavily.

• Monica Pellegrino
    Monica Pellegrino Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary First Comment

It would be very helpful if the reports on stage changes were more accurate. I have to manually go through a very long list of deals that passed through a specific stage during a specific time period and remove any that are not applicable. This is very time consuming task. For example, a deal is in stage 5, the rep then decides it should go back to stage 1. The issue is that Pipedrive interprets this deal as having passed through stages 4,3, and 2. Those three stages are irrelevant at this point as the deal already went through requirements of reaching each stage in the sales process. Now those deals are being counted twice, sometimes three times. In turn, this causes our metrics reporting to be over inflated. Unfortunately, Pipedrive is not intelligent enough to know that the deal didn't actually pass through those middle stages, but instead jumped those stages. Is there a fix for this?

• Graham Kennedy
    Graham Kennedy Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I would appreciate this functionality too!