Would really like a way to link emails to deals in bulk!

Options
Nate Butler
Nate Butler Member Posts: 1

I have a bunch of deals with the same people, so none of the emails automatically links to the correct deal. Right now I have to open each one and tag it individually which is very tedious. It would be great to have a bulk tag option to select many emails and tag them all to the same deal.

4 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2021 #2
    Options

@Nate Butler love this idea, I'll pass it along. One way to solve it though already is to send the email directly from the deal itself. Is there a reasons why this wouldn't work for you?

• Mark Landaal
    Mark Landaal Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #3
    Options

@Mike van der Valk The issue is that cleaning up any incorrect Automatic Email Linking by the Threading logic can be impossible to control once the Thread is assigned to a Deal. If I can un-link and link in bulk editing you would make all our Sales Reps lives way easier!!   

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #4
    Options

@Mike van der Valk The issue is that cleaning up any incorrect Automatic Email Linking by the Threading logic can be impossible to control once the Thread is assigned to a Deal. If I can un-link and link in bulk editing you would make all our Sales Reps lives way easier!!   

@Mark Landaal we're aware this is a pain at times and are working on an improved email functionality that handles threading better. Care to test it out, check it out here and join the Beta testing channel: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/invitation-to-test-the-new-email-sync-5e5fa0e98ea01e0d1d02b11b

• Rock Stevens
    Rock Stevens Member Posts: 24
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  @Kadri Pirn are there any updates on this? 

This request was made 9-10 months ago. On the developer side, this is not a difficult request to fulfill. I think we can all agree this could be very valuable. 

If we get emails about a deal that comes from a variety of different people (some of them we don't start the thread) it would be extremely helpful to bulk link to a deal ... and also correct when PipeDrive mistakenly links it to the wrong deal. 

The aforementioned solution only works assuming you start all email threads.... that unfortunately is not how life tends to work for many businesses. Please escalate this issue to allow for bulk linking emails to a deal

Thank you for all of your time and help! 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #6
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  @Kadri Pirn are there any updates on this? 

This request was made 9-10 months ago. On the developer side, this is not a difficult request to fulfill. I think we can all agree this could be very valuable. 

If we get emails about a deal that comes from a variety of different people (some of them we don't start the thread) it would be extremely helpful to bulk link to a deal ... and also correct when PipeDrive mistakenly links it to the wrong deal. 

The aforementioned solution only works assuming you start all email threads.... that unfortunately is not how life tends to work for many businesses. Please escalate this issue to allow for bulk linking emails to a deal

Thank you for all of your time and help! 

Hi @Rock Stevens 

Thanks for your 2-cents. I'm currently passing this on to our emailing team. Unfortunately it's not always what's easy (although I'm not sure if it would be, sometimes coding is weird :D) but we also look at what other requests/improvements are in the pipeline and prioritise it all against each other. Probably this is one of the hardest jobs to decide what to do and what not to do right now.

Having said that, as mentioned I'm talking to the team about this and highlighting it again, can't make any promises though :( 

• Mark Griffiths
    Mark Griffiths Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

I love this idea and I've been asking Pipedrive for months. they get it but nothing so far... it's the one thing that stops me using Pipedrive fully as it's so frustrating. I believe Pipedrive thinks their system will automatically link everything but it doesn't... which is fine and I understand why it doesn't but please let me (us) quickly link emails in bulk. I've just link 20 email to 2 deals - I could have done it in two steps in 10 second but it was multiple steps and about 5/10 mins - I have over 1,400 more to do - it's painful. Please! Mark 

• Rock Stevens
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited May 2021 #8
    Options

I love this idea and I've been asking Pipedrive for months. they get it but nothing so far... it's the one thing that stops me using Pipedrive fully as it's so frustrating. I believe Pipedrive thinks their system will automatically link everything but it doesn't... which is fine and I understand why it doesn't but please let me (us) quickly link emails in bulk. I've just link 20 email to 2 deals - I could have done it in two steps in 10 second but it was multiple steps and about 5/10 mins - I have over 1,400 more to do - it's painful. Please! Mark 

@Mark Griffiths I feel your pain. I spent AT LEAST 20 MINUTES today just linking emails to deals individually, it's a very painful process. What should take 20 seconds, takes 20 minutes. I hope PipeDrive will prioritize this! 

If one of their developers had to suffer this on a daily basis it would be solved immediately. I guess we'll be stuck with it for now in the "not important category"  

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #9
    Options

Hi @Mark Griffiths and @Rock Stevens 

Thank you for your input here. We're currently reorganising how we work in the email area at Pipedrive. I'll make sure this lands on their table when we start prioritising.

• Mark Griffiths
    Mark Griffiths Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2021 #10
    Options

Please, I can't tell you how frustrating it is. I'm sure it's a bigger issue than this post shows. 

• Joachim BRINDEAU_32281
    Joachim BRINDEAU_32281 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2021 #11
    Options

Hello,

Where are we on this?

It's a true pain to link each email manually.

Is there a beta?

Thank you

• Andrew Gibbs
    Andrew Gibbs Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #12
    Options

Pipedrive really, really sucks because of this...

• Rock Stevens
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #13
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  the original request was made 14 months ago. Nearly every PipeDrive User utilizes their email inbox (ie. higher priority). Lacking this feature is a clear area of opportunity for growth. It is causing a severe inconvenience for anyone that receives multiple emails where the client initiates a new email thread. 

This is a vital part of deals with emails. This now consumes 1-2 hours per week for something that should take 5 minutes. Your customers who are paying for this platform have requested it multiple times for over a year!

I'll start with an image to show where this should go. In the email inbox, once multiple emails are selected, right here should be the option to "link in bulk" to a deal. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2021 #14
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  the original request was made 14 months ago. Nearly every PipeDrive User utilizes their email inbox (ie. higher priority). Lacking this feature is a clear area of opportunity for growth. It is causing a severe inconvenience for anyone that receives multiple emails where the client initiates a new email thread. 

This is a vital part of deals with emails. This now consumes 1-2 hours per week for something that should take 5 minutes. Your customers who are paying for this platform have requested it multiple times for over a year!

I'll start with an image to show where this should go. In the email inbox, once multiple emails are selected, right here should be the option to "link in bulk" to a deal. 

Hi @Rock Stevens 

Thank you for highlighting this again and giving a clear example, I appreciate it. I've nudged our product team responsible for the email area. I hope we can improve this moving forward and I hope you understand I can not personally make you any promises here.

I will do my best for you!

• Daryl Tulimieri
    Daryl Tulimieri Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #15
    Options

From what I can infer the threading update doesn't really address the initial feature request. There are many reasons that a person may need to manually link emails to a deal and this is only one. Do you have any update on the priority of the original request?

• Christopher Vanderwolk
    Christopher Vanderwolk Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #16
    Options

Any updates on this? It would really speed up the process and make Pipedrive a more valuable tool.

• Tom @ Formcraft
    Tom @ Formcraft Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #17
    Options

May 2022... and I too would like this feature that still doesn't appear to have been implemented.

• James Gunn
    James Gunn Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Given how useful the 'search' is in the emails section, it seems logical to be able to bulk select emails and link them all to a single deal and/or lead. Game changer and much needed. Will likely contribute to whether or not we continue to use Pipedrive or not.

• Suzanne
    Suzanne Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Wow. surprised this isnt already a feature. Just getting going and strongly need this capability to save time. Been very frustrating.

Any updates???

• PipeDriver
    PipeDriver Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Agree, it would be great to have an option to attach a deal when sending a bulk group email to numerous contacts.