Translation Mistake: Wrong date format in the Korean version of Pipedrive App

Ted Youn
Ted Youn Member Posts: 116
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Greetings, 

I'd like to report a translation mistake for the date format in the Korean version of Pipedrive App.

According to the Korean date and time notation, Koreans expect to suffix a day with a unit '일' but Pipedrive app didn't follow this notation: 

1. Black Arrow:  each date format ends with '건', which is a unit for the tasks.

2. Magenta Arrow: each date format ends without '일'

This is the first page of Pipedrive app, but such a poor translation may give a bad impression to potential Korean customers.

602f2f2b5252991810f6025a_35408.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Ted Youn 

Thank you for sharing!
    I got the following answer from our team right now:

Time strings as such are pulled in from a third party, meaning we don’t translate these from our side, nor can we edit them unfortunately at the moment. Hopefully one day in the future this will be doable. It's on our to-do list.

• Ted Youn
    Ted Youn Member Posts: 116
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2021 #3

Hi @Ted Youn 

Thank you for sharing!

Time strings as such are pulled in from a third party, meaning we don’t translate these from our side, nor can we edit them unfortunately at the moment. Hopefully one day in the future this will be doable. It's on our to-do list.

Thanks, @Mike van der Valk .

By the way, can I ask you to make a topic for 'translation mistake' so that we can sort out any issues about translation? 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited March 2021 #4

Hi @Ted Youn 

Thank you for sharing!

@Ted Youn good suggestion. Called it "translations" sometimes there might be other questions not just mistakes ;) 

Added the tag to this post as well