Be able to FILTER/ QUERY All Participants attached to DEALS

Administrator_14693
Administrator_14693 Member Posts: 29
Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
edited February 2023 in Sales CRM #1

PARTICIPANT QUERY. A bit frustrated here. Hope you can push this forward as I have seen this request posted numerous times to Pipedrive development and yet it remains unresolved. We operate an International Soccer Development Company which specializes in Sport travel. We need to be able to pull a Participant query with field options such as location, product, year, etc. For example: Create a filter/ query of All participants attached to (ALL) deals containing certain products/SKU's. This seems to be a simple table (link) lookup. If Participants are "Linked" to a DEAL, why can't we simply QUERY the link: "DEAL PARTICIPANT" or "PARTICIPANT" and then apply the needed filters? How can we have development address this request? Please help.

Best regards,

Angelica

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Administrator / Angelica :) 

Thanks for writing. I saw your comment the other day somewhere else about this as well and have passed it on to our team, hopefully it can be prioritised at one point.

• Administrator_14693
    edited April 2021 #3

Hi @Administrator / Angelica :) 

Thanks for writing. I saw your comment the other day somewhere else about this as well and have passed it on to our team, hopefully it can be prioritised at one point.

Thank you Mike.

It really would help many businesses, especially those on the travel and hospitality sector as we currently cannot query all Participants attached to a deal, location and/or product.

Look forward to chatting.

• Steven Quinlavin
    Steven Quinlavin Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #4

Mike,

Similar to Administrator, we have buyers/targets/sellers on deals that we advise and it would be incredibly beneficial to pull a list of people we have worked with on specific deals. Also, a set of filter options for contacts similar to "Won Deals, Lost Deals..." that goes like: Participant on closed deals/open deals/won deals/lost deals - is/is not/equal/greater/less  so we can see past just the deal owner.

• Minoru Hotani
    Minoru Hotani Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #5

I also really need the participants' list of Deals. 

When our service gets an incident, we must notify some participants of the affected clients(Deals).  But we can NOT do it now from PipeDrive.

• Administrator_14693
    edited April 2021 #6

I also really need the participants' list of Deals. 

When our service gets an incident, we must notify some participants of the affected clients(Deals).  But we can NOT do it now from PipeDrive.

I have been waiting for this to be resolved. It has been posted by various clients. If it is not resolved, we may have to move to another CRM as Participant reporting for a specific product and/ or location is critical for us. I would hate to do this given the amount of financial investment we have made into set-up and automation.

• Jasper den Hartog
    Jasper den Hartog Member Posts: 20
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7

Anyone already found a way to create a filter with all participants of a deal (or more deals)?

Really need this. Was expecting to be able to do so, but I can only create a filter with the contactperson of the deal. That is not helping our salesteam. 

Or maybe a workaround?

• Minoru Hotani
    Minoru Hotani Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2021 #8

Anyone already found a way to create a filter with all participants of a deal (or more deals)?

Really need this. Was expecting to be able to do so, but I can only create a filter with the contactperson of the deal. That is not helping our salesteam. 

Or maybe a workaround?

(1)API.

(2)Add activities. (it may be the only way to list up people for multiple deals by pipedrive UI)

But I won't take both of them. I've made my mind that I will use Organization to list up people.

I give up contacting customers by deal base.

• Administrator_14693
    edited July 2021 #9

Or maybe a workaround?

This has been an ongoing request which has NOT been addressed. We personally have been waiting for over a year.

• Administrator_14693
    edited February 2022 #10

Hi Mike van der Valk,

Just seeing if there has been any progress regarding:

• Participant QUERY/ Filter request. We have been waiting for more than 1 year and truly need this feature for our area of business.
    • If Pipedrive has considered implementing a Document Approval Feature (Pipefile or Folio-ready) that could integrate with Pipedrive and GMAIL, attaching the files directly in Pipedrive.
    • Checklist Feature

Best Regards,

Angelica

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2021 #11

Hi Mike van der Valk,

• Participant QUERY/ Filter request. We have been waiting for more than 1 year and truly need this feature for our area of business.
    • If Pipedrive has considered implementing a Document Approval Feature (Pipefile or Folio-ready) that could integrate with Pipedrive and GMAIL, attaching the files directly in Pipedrive.
    • Checklist Feature

Best Regards,

Angelica

Hi @Administrator I've just reached out to our team to ask if there are any new plans with the filtering. I'll let you know what the answer is as soon as I have it during the week :) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2021 #12

Hi Mike van der Valk,

• Checklist Feature

Best Regards,

Angelica

Hi @Administrator I checked with the team and there are no plans for this at the moment. There are unfortunately other priorities to work on. I'm sorry to be the bringer of this news and I'll do my best to voice your request so it stays on our radar hopefully. Prioritising what to work on to serve all our customers best is probably the hardest part of the job..

• Administrator_14693
    edited January 2022 #13

Hi guys,

Me again. Just wanting to know the status on:

• Participant Query/ Filter
    • Document Approval Feature
    • Checklist

Also would really like to know if you are working on or considering:

• Invoice Integration w/QBO that includes Payment Plans (Pay-link to Merchant of choice)
    • Client Portal (customizable to what you want a client to see) with Invoice info/history and payment link that includes a TAB for required documentation (for open deals that require - uploading and completing required docs - with status "Approved or Denied").

WOULD LOVE to see Pipedrive focus on one stop solution offering add-ons that can simplify SMALL BUSINESS. Most of these are truly just mapping and app design as all is EMAIL driven in Pipedrive.

A single Portal Login can even help reduce Duplicates.

Regards,

Angelica

• Robert McFeely
    Robert McFeely Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #14

Pipedrive's relational design is clearly flawed in this area.  

Participants, from a data point of view, and hence from a capabilities point of view, are second class citizens.  This is completely incongruous with how B2B business deals actually work where there are multiple first-order stakeholders in a client that must be enticed to engage or the deal with not go through.  If we cannot find all the participants in the deal (or in my case all participants in all deals that are in a pipeline ) then I cannot export these to my mailing system and the participants remain uncontacted.  

Pipedrive's workarounds for this involving manual effort are not automation relies on a huge amount of human effort which is also error prone.  It just doesn't fly and hence is NOT a workaround.

Pipedrive please recognise that this is not only a lack of a feature but a flaw in your thinking about how channel sales work.  

I will be moving to another CRM if I can.  

• It is now Feb. 2023.

STILL this issue has been WIDELY requested by many patrons and fully ignored by your Dev. group. At one time we could see ALL Participants attached to a product with dates, now we cannot even do that. We ask you PLEASE enable the ability to run reports that include ALL participants tied:

• deal(s)
    • product(s)
    • date(s)
    • allow to send emails to all Participants within the same.
    • etc.

Also, please allow more than 100 emails on a send. Ours allows up to 500 via Google, so this is quite inconvenient.

• Please provide status regarding PARTICIPANTS. @Mike van der Valk