Filtering files in deal history without jpgs from the email signature

Bernd Auer
Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

There are not many things our customers do complain about. But this feature could be improved :-)

If you upload a file like a signed contract (in this case the orange circle) and need it 5 months and thousands of emails later you would expect to find it immediately by clicking on "files" in the red circle. 

But images from the signatures are also counted as attachments and files. So Pipedrive knows that I uploaded 1 file, but shows me tons of email images. And this makes the search for the needed files a time consuming event. 

There are several ways to fix this. Doesn't matter which one you choose but this should be fixed soon. The longer you work with Pipedrive, the more data you collect. So the thing is getting worse every day ;-)

5e8f3540c69bd275dbafdf30_45875.png
5 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Thomas Rybnicek_240
    Thomas Rybnicek_240 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #2

Yes! This would be a huge improvement ...

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2021 #3

I like that idea @Bernd Auer passed it along!

• José Miguel Mahave ElCid
    José Miguel Mahave ElCid Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #4

100% agree, I have proposed to introduce a feature FILE LOCKING so that these principal documents as contracts or others are on top of the business pannel, in the same manner that you can do taht now with NOTES 

• Bernd Auer
    edited April 2020 #5

100% agree, I have proposed to introduce a feature FILE LOCKING so that these principal documents as contracts or others are on top of the business pannel, in the same manner that you can do taht now with NOTES 

I heard this as requirement from our customers also very often. Would help a lot!

• Keely Biggs
    Keely Biggs Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #6

this would be very helpful!

• Lukas Zischewski
    Lukas Zischewski Member Posts: 37
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7

I think the fastes solution would be to add a PDF column, as 99% of the Documents you will look for are PDF's in my experience. Or you do it right and filter out duplicates ;)

• Bernd Auer
    edited June 2020 #8

I think the fastes solution would be to add a PDF column, as 99% of the Documents you will look for are PDF's in my experience. Or you do it right and filter out duplicates ;)

I could live with the PDF-Version perfectly... the duplicates would be an easy win as well. In any way, this would be a great achievement...

• Lukas Zischewski
    Lukas Zischewski Member Posts: 37
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #9

@Mike van der Valk your thoughts an that?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #10

Thanks for the tag @Lukas I'll check internally with the team here if there's any plans or ideas about this. Will get back to you 🚀  

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #11

@Lukas @Bernd Auer and others. I just spoke to our team. It's not something we're currently working on but the plan looks to be that we can tackle it later this year. They can't commit fully yet as they are still running some last prioritisation sessions for the second half of this year but it's definitely on their radar ;)

• Blagovest Papagalski
    Blagovest Papagalski Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #12

Hey guys! Joining the discussing a little bit later, but what I want to share is that in my company - we're currently looking around for another CRM to replace the free HubSpot version that was good enough for our needs so far. HubSpot has a similar issue but at least it allows you to remove/delete the pictures that are being uploaded and start cluttering the attatchments section of the records view. I don't find any delete/remove/hide option in Pipedrive. Is it me or there is no way to remove those faultly uploaded images? I think that this could be a real deal breaker for us and I would appreciate to know if there are any actions taken towards fixing this issue? @Mike van der Valk Thanks in advance and all the best!

I mean, take a look at this screenshot, it's WILD! Those are only images... It's really getting worse when there are images in the signature of your recipient as well...

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #13

Hey guys! Joining the discussing a little bit later, but what I want to share is that in my company - we're currently looking around for another CRM to replace the free HubSpot version that was good enough for our needs so far. HubSpot has a similar issue but at least it allows you to remove/delete the pictures that are being uploaded and start cluttering the attatchments section of the records view. I don't find any delete/remove/hide option in Pipedrive. Is it me or there is no way to remove those faultly uploaded images? I think that this could be a real deal breaker for us and I would appreciate to know if there are any actions taken towards fixing this issue? @Mike van der Valk Thanks in advance and all the best!

I mean, take a look at this screenshot, it's WILD! Those are only images... It's really getting worse when there are images in the signature of your recipient as well...

Hi @Blagovest Papagalski 

Thanks for joining the discussion and your input. I know that our team who released the Sales documents feature is planning to tackle the whole file/document management in Pipedrive next. I don't know their exact plans but I'll make sure this issue i on their radar.

I agree with you that it can easily get out of hand and we need to improve the UX with this part of Pipedrive.

• Blagovest Papagalski
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #14

Hey Everyone! 

Is it just me and my team that is struggling tremendously from this lack of functionalities regarding the Files Section in Pipedrive? 

After numerous support tickets, conversations with Success Managers at Pipedrive and this 8 months old community thread - I have the overall feeling that we - the Pipedrive customers - are just a voice in the empty space. It's really disappointing and at the same time trust-braking to experience this. We love the whole Pipedrive experience so far but this lack of commitment to the customer's voice is really intolerable. And if we continue to receive this kind of support which might as well be described as "hitting a brick wall", we definitely might start considering another solution for our CRM needs.

Before making the transition to Pipedrive I was assured very positively that this would be taken care of in a reasonable timeframe and that we have nothing to worry about. After making the transition and becoming a Pipedrive customer - the overall Pipedrive feeling about this issue rapidly changed to "our engineers MIGHT decide to take some action about this". 

It has been communicated here:

2 months ago - that the "team who released the Sales documents feature is planning to tackle the whole file/document management in Pipedrive NEXT". What's going on guys? When exactly is "next" going to come? At least give us some sort of timeframe estimation as obviously it takes huge amounts of time to fix some minor issues that weren't planned and are making the whole Pipedrive community suffer. I would honestly prefer not to have the automatic files upload and upload all files by myself instead of this...

8 months ago - that "the plan looks to be that we can tackle it later this year." What's the excuse here? I would like to ask you what happened @Mike van der Valk ? And please don't give us the script there,  we really need a solution to this software bug and lack of functionality. Either help us get this through fixed or bring the right person to this conversation and if needed I can speak directly to him/her and explain why this should be put as a number one priority to the engineering team as this is simply not acceptable when you pay for using a software...

I don't want to be the party pooper here, but this is not funny any more guys.

Let's get this fixed!

• Blagovest Papagalski
    First Comment
    edited July 2021 #15

Anyone? @Mike van der Valk ? I would really appreciate an answer here...
    Am I really the only person to follow up on this issue? @Lukas, @Keely Biggs, @José Miguel Mahave Elcid, @Thomas Rybnicek, @Bernd Auer  how do you guys feel about this? I would definitely love to hear your opinion or if you managed to solve this in any way?

• Blagovest Papagalski
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #16

Helloooo? @Mike van der Valk  Would appreciate your response on this topic. 

• Steffen Hepp
    Steffen Hepp Member Posts: 34
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2021 #17

puhh - @Bernd Auer , I just opend a ticket about the same problem - and now I see that it is in the community forum already for a long time....

i see what has (not) happend the past month.....