WOW was that difficult. Adding a new person to a Deal.

Options
Scott Anderson
Scott Anderson Member Posts: 9
edited May 2022 in Sales CRM #1

WOW was that difficult -- Adding a new person to a Deal.

Am I missing something here or is this a big hole in Pipedrive. Hopefully it can be fixed. This will happen to us often.

1. Deal was started with Kyle who setup the sales demo. 
  2. Demo involved Jason (new) and then he got into the email thread. Jason is the main guy.
  3. From Mail, I found Jason and added him as a person and organization. Even though the email domain was the same it created a new organization. I resolved that and got him on the right organization by retyping the org name and clicking it.

Here's where it gets difficult: I want to get Jason on the Deal.

1. Dead End: from Jason I try to link to a deal, there is no such method, which is understandable.
  2. Difficult: from the Deal I try to add Jason, but even though he's already part of the organization, I have to manually type in his full name... then wait for the server to find him hoping that the server has been indexed already with the new contact... then pick him from the list. 

but ... the server didn't index his name, so I had to wait, then type in his name again (we have dozen's of Jason, so I also need to type in his last name strange spelling). 

Jason is already part of the Organization, why do I have to type his full name?

Finally, I'm able to add Jason as a linked person to the Deal.

3. Difficult: Now I want to make Jason the Person for the Deal.  I goto switch person and AGAIN I have to type his full name, wait for the server, and pick the guy.  

Jason is already part of the Organization, why do I have to type his full name?

This is crazy difficult. So many areas to optimize.

Tagged:

Comments

• Scott Anderson
    edited March 2021 #2
    Options

Any thoughts from Developers? I'm about to associate a person in an org to a deal in the org and it is so silly that I need to type in the person's entire first and last name to associate them, they are both in the same org (this is why it's completely silly). I'm a fast typer but that's no excuse.

• Scott Anderson
    edited March 2021 #3
    Options

Yea, his name isn't even showing up when I'm typing it in. 

I'm typing in "Sam B..."  Nothing is showing. 

So here's what I'm going to do.

Post some notes here. .

Wait and try again. 

Now it shows up. 

Wow so difficult.