IF YOU ARE handling a Sales Team - HOW DO YOU: limit your sales reps to NOT change product pricing w

Options
Miami Surgical Center
Miami Surgical Center Member Posts: 2
edited June 2022 in Sales CRM #1

This has been burning my sales process, I handle a team of 12 sales reps. There are always sneaky ones that lower pricing in order to close deals... 

Curious on how you SALES MANAGERS are dealing with this situation?

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2021 #2
    Options

Hi @Genesis , this is a really great question and I'm happy you turned to our sales community!

I've tagged some additional relevant topics in your post so it can be seen by more members who can maybe help you. Try to always do that when posting, it increases your chances of getting answers. 🚀

• Jared Wiener
    Jared Wiener Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited July 2021 #3
    Options

This sounds more like a leadership or process issue than a PD issue. If you don't want your team to have the authority to set pricing, then that needs to be communicated by leadership and then monitored. If it's more of a process issue, then what kind of controls do you have in place to make sure the correct pricing is applied? 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2021 #4
    Options

I agree with @Jared Wiener  - some ground rules should be applied. There should be at least a process, that when a salesrep wants to lower price, he needs to communicate it with management. This also gives better negotiating power for salesrep as he bridges responsibilities to other person, which increases negotiating power.

However, we for example fluctuate with pricing a lot so we do not use product function in PD as it is impossible to standardise this. 

• Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821
    Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821 Member Posts: 125
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Martin Pecha nice to meet you.

We have solved the problem for a multinational in Italy by developing an ad hoc system that has two functions.

The first sends an email when a salesperson applies a greater discount than the one decided by the manager. In the meantime, at least the sales director is informed.

The other, on the other hand, concerns the possibility for the salesperson to request a "price exception" from the sales director (is a special activity), who automatically receives an email with the request and can decide to accept or refuse directly from the email. This way everything is monitored and the problem is solved.

Please let me know if i can help you!

• Greg Buckle
    Greg Buckle Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2022 #6
    Options

I can relate.  Think about this:  WHY would a sales rep lower pricing?  There are, to be brutally honest, 2 reasons reps lower pricing.  1.  The rep isn't a good sales professional and uses price rather than value is what people buy.....2.  the rep doesn't know how to present ROI.  Maybe some "go back to the basics" training - like do it yesterday - provided from some old school sales trainers such as Zig Ziglar.  People change but core sales skills never change.