Simple Functionality Required for Sole Trade/Small Business

Options
Shay Moseby
Shay Moseby Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Pipedrive is firstly a very fun and easy to to manage with some amazing capabilities which no doubt ar worth the money for businesses - but not so much for individuals/sole traders.

But for me as a real estate agent looking for a good CRM the simple fundamentals of contacts and emailing do not make this a cost effective software;

1. I cannot one way sync from Pipedrive to iPhone
    • I only want one way sync, so all personal contacts stay out of Pipedrive
    • PieSync can hep but this is an additional $20/M cost currently and will increase year on year when I add more contacts.
  2. Group email options limited
    • I can set up amazing filters to really target the right type of clients but then cannot email the group in that filter without the Professional subscription ($50/
  3. Deals are limited to automatically calculate other values
    • Deal Vale (Property Value) - Awesome and cal see how all deals are tacking in volume 
    • Commission Rate - would be awesome to have a an automated value that calculates from deal value eg $2,000,000 X 2% - $40,000 (there is a way around this wil 'copying' the deal and entering the commission value as the dal value and keeping in the pipeline
    • Also would need a manual deduction value as per above.

I know I am poor with tech so if someone has some fixes for me that would be awesome otherwise unfortunately for me I will be cancelling my subscription of Pipedrive in June for another option. 

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Thanks for your suggestions @Shay Moseby .

@Joseph Valenti do you know how others in the real estate are working with these points Shay mentions?

Some ideas from me Shay:

1. You can use our contact sync: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000446718-Contact-Sync
      If you then set up a group of business contacts for it to stay in sync with, this should work.
    2. Yes, unfortunately we do charge extra for some more advanced features like group emailing. However, perhaps there's a cheaper option out there for you in our marketplace there are various email marketing apps with different functionality and pricing. 
    3. Unfortunately we don't have fields that calculate automatically. However, you could still export all your data and have one quick Excel calculation over it. Not ideal, but it works. 
  • Shay Moseby
    Shay Moseby Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Mike @Mike van der Valk 

In regards to setting up business contacts - do you mean set this up in Pipedrive OR iPhone? I am really keen to understand this part and try it but as I mentioned not great with this stuff.

If I can sort the Sync the upgrade would be fine, but can this only bulk email 100 people at at time or do I have that wrong? This would be fine for me MOST of the time, but ideally would want to send all clients emails at stages such as Xmas, quarterly updates etc so literally only need to bulk email over 100 clients 5x times a year. Does professional allow this?

Cheers,

Shay

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2020 #4
    Options

Hi Mike @Mike van der Valk 

In regards to setting up business contacts - do you mean set this up in Pipedrive OR iPhone? I am really keen to understand this part and try it but as I mentioned not great with this stuff.

If I can sort the Sync the upgrade would be fine, but can this only bulk email 100 people at at time or do I have that wrong? This would be fine for me MOST of the time, but ideally would want to send all clients emails at stages such as Xmas, quarterly updates etc so literally only need to bulk email over 100 clients 5x times a year. Does professional allow this?

Cheers,

Shay

Hi @Shay Moseby Bulk email indeed has the limitation of 100 at a time. So if you have 300 contacts for example you just need to do 3 actions instead of one. However, also checkout the email marketing tool Mailgen which has been acquired by Pipedrive recently and has way more emailing capabilities. We're working on a tighter integration at the moment.

In regards to the sync. You need to create these folders on the desktop. Here's some instructions  on how it works with Google. But you can search online, any provider should have this capability. If you can't figure it out I'd recommend to reach out to our support via the in-app chat or via support@pipedrive.com

Hope it helps!