Privacy Policy Forms Check Box and Mailigen Integration

Sean_33460
Sean_33460 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Because of current EU data privacy laws, your web forms MUST have a privacy policy check box option in them, otherwise no EU clients can really legally use them. Much less want to pay for as an extra service? 

This is really frustrating because it forces us to custom build this with a 3rd party forms plugin in order to be legally compliant just to do basic activities. I read here that you were working on this last year and were going to release it last year, but I still don't see it. Can you please make this a priority? This should be a show-stopper?? Or is this feature there and I just dont see it?

Second, since you own Mailigen, it would be really convenient if there was also a "subscribe to mailing list" checkbox option. Even using a 3rd party forms option, this feature is a real hassle to configure with filters and Zapier and the lot. I am still trying to figure it out with not much success.

It is also not legal to just add Pipedrive contacts to mailing lists without their consent, so your bulk sync options for Mailigen don't really make any sense to me. Definitely not in the EU, and really not even with US laws either. I don't understand the use case for this, unless maybe you are using an entire contact list of only clients that only previously opted-in to a list?

This cross-communication between mailing list subscribers and contacts and verifying who has given consent or not needs a lot of work.

I hate to express this on a public-facing post, but I see a real opportunity for Pipedrive to be a premiere CRM for Europe.  Especially with the new Mailigen integration. However, without these basic marketing features, it is really frustrating trying to duct tape this all together with 3rd party services just so we can use your platform for basic marketing processes that really need to be in place just to function.

You guys manage data really well and your user experience is really nice, but the "data-in" part needs some work, and I really think this needs to be escalated. 

I say this with love, because otherwise, I love your platform. ;)

Comments

• Franz Schreiber_1772
    Franz Schreiber_1772 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi Sean,

you are right the data security policy should apply für Pipedrive otherwise on every contact form and even with a link to the data security regulations. Otherwise you get problems expecially in Germany with the DSGVO/GDPR regulation body. If this is not available by mailigen I will not use it.

• Sean_33460
    Sean_33460 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2021 #3

Hi Sean,

you are right the data security policy should apply für Pipedrive otherwise on every contact form and even with a link to the data security regulations. Otherwise you get problems expecially in Germany with the DSGVO/GDPR regulation body. If this is not available by mailigen I will not use it.

Hi Franz,

You can do this fairly easy with the current Mailigen forms, (there are check boxes) but so far, I don't see how this can be done with Pipedrive forms.

• Julia Wester_34171
    Julia Wester_34171 Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #4

Hi Sean,

good to know as a new trial-er