Unlinking "Subjects" and case IDs of new inquiries made on old (won/lost) deals

Options
Kristina Mataityte
Kristina Mataityte Member Posts: 7
First Comment First Anniversary
edited June 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I have a problem with linking the "subject" and new deal ID of a new case, which is replied to an old one. Let me explain.

If let's say, one deal is closed as won/lost (doesn't matter in this case) and client replies back to this old case, with old ID, wishing to have a new deal. By this, we should initiate a New Deal in Pipe drive, however, you cannot "unlink" the old subject ID from the new inquiry and add the email with indicated wish to have a ew deal. Instead, you need to initiate a new email yourself,  create new Deal with the new ID, attached that email which indicates the beginning of a new Deal.
A bit troublesome. Are there any solutions to unlink new inquiries made on old (won/lost) deals?

Comments

• Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821
    Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821 Member Posts: 125
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @kma@fabricair.com i think you are able to do this setting "link emails manually". So you will be able to unlink or link as you want. Let me know.

• Kristina Mataityte
    Kristina Mataityte Member Posts: 7
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2021 #3
    Options

Hi @kma@fabricair.com i think you are able to do this setting "link emails manually". So you will be able to unlink or link as you want. Let me know.

Hi @Fabrizio Nicolosi 

Thank you for your input. We have already made your suggested changes and yet the problem is still there.  Will try to explain the problem a bit more deeper.
    If a 'client' sends us email while replying on the old deal (Test 1 in the attachment),  and even though the matter is new, if falls into the 'old deal' ID's correspondence.  
    The problem is maybe not precisely on the linking of emails but in inability to split the emails in the same conversation. It seems like one group of emails can have only one Deal ID, even though client replies to old email with new inquiry, therefore there is a need to link that new new email to new Deal, but all of the correspondence (old and new) then drags into the new Deal. So my question is - how to split email conversations, that two separate emails would have two different Deal IDs?

• Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821
    Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821 Member Posts: 125
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @kma@fabricair.com now I understand better what you need and the only thing in my mind is this:

Try to go in inbox mail to see all mails you receveid. Select the new-one sent from that customer and then try to link that mail to a new deal. In this way you should be able to see just that mail “moved” into the new deal.

Let me know