How to send automatic mails in the customer's language, with deal as trigger?

Options
Martin Wimmer
Martin Wimmer Member Posts: 3
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Every time I create a new deal in my pipeline I want to send a mail in the customers' language to the customer. How is this possible.

Comments

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited March 2021 #2
    Options

You would not use "Deal created" as trigger, but "contact created" with a condition like "Open deal is not 0" or "contact updates" and "open deals is more than 0" for example.

And the language itself is set by using a "Anrede" (for non German speakers: "Salutation") custom person field. If you want to have a German Mail the condition is if the "Anrede" is "Hallo Herr" or "Hallo Frau". If the Anrede is "Mrs" "or "Mr" you go for the english template.

Regarding the "missing salutation problem" have a look here.

Does this work for you? There are other options as well.

Liebe Grüße in die Heimat! :-)

• Martin Wimmer
    edited March 2021 #3
    Options

I understand your suggestion, but  I have to say that I am not happy with it. I don't want this automation to trigger on every new deal, just on new deals in my custom pipeline in the first stage.

And even if I would use your suggestion I would have the same problem when I want to send a language dependent mail when I move the deal from the first stage to the second one.

The only way in my mind how this could work, but this is hideous, would be if I push the contact language to a custom field in the deal.

To understand the basic problem it is maybe easier if I tell you what I want to achieve. I have a long list of contacts with different languages. The goal is to sell them a subscription plan. For this I want to send them a first mail. If they don't come back to me after two days, I want so send them a second mail. If they still don't come back to me, I will call them.

The problem now is that I don't want to do this steps until the call manually for each contact. I want to select a bunch of them (for example 20) and start this process automatically.

And while this first process is running I would also be able to start a second one and so on.

So maybe there is a whole different solution for the problem.

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited March 2021 #4
    Options

Yes, right: Set the language of the email template on deal level. If you stick to one entity you can set all conditions like "move deal from one phase to another". 

We worked exactly like this (but not because of the languages but of the target group). We sent a first email by moving around 20 deals, then paused, then took the next 20 and waited for responses. According to the workload, we went quicker or slower.

• Martin Wimmer
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options

I should have opened this post in the German section, this would be mich easier. 

I already tried this approach but I am stuck. I got my automation workflow working that I create a new deal in the first stage in my pipeline when I set a specific label on a contact. And in The first stage I automatically send my mail. With this setup I can select 20 or more contact set the label and the Workflow for this contacts start automatically. 

My problem ist that I cant automatically set the language from my contact field to the language field in the deal. Maybe it would work with simple textfields but it does not work with a Single option field which i used for the language on the contacts.

This discussion has been closed.