Stop an automated email going out on a one by one basis

Options
Nicki Kane
Nicki Kane Member Posts: 45
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

I've got 50+ automations set up at any one time, and most of them trigger an automated email to go out to my clients updating them as to what's happening. From time to time it's not the right thing to send them though, so some way of stopping the email going out would be awesome :-)

Comments

• Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821
    Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821 Member Posts: 125
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021 #2
    Options

Hi @Nicki Kane i think that the only way to do this is to develops something specific via api. Let me know if you need help.

• Harri Honkala
    Harri Honkala Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

One way to do that is to have custom one option field like "Send emails" and the selection "No". Add that as an  condition: "If field Send emails is not "no"" then send email.  

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hey, Nicki

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Vladimir is here to help :)

Yes, Harri has a good point - you can change the automation trigger indeed by adding a new condition.

So, let me quickly explain the steps:

1. You create a custom field of Deal Single option type ( I called mine "Sure to send?" and the only option is "no"
    2. Add a condition to automation trigger  that "sure to send" is not "no"  - then email will be sent out.

A video: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/blf7j7

How that will work:

1. you just change a deal stage and that will trigger an email to be sent
    2. But, if you want email not to be sent to your customer automatically - before moving a stage - you just need to fill in custom field "Sure to send" with "no" and, only after that move the deal

Don't forget to clear custom field value if you want the automatic emails to be sent during the future stage changes

Hope that makes sense,

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Nicki Kane
    edited March 2021 #5
    Options

One way to do that is to have custom one option field like "Send emails" and the selection "No". Add that as an  condition: "If field Send emails is not "no"" then send email.  

Wonderful, thanks Harri!

• Nicki Kane
    edited March 2021 #6
    Options

Hey, Nicki

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Vladimir is here to help :)

Yes, Harri has a good point - you can change the automation trigger indeed by adding a new condition.

So, let me quickly explain the steps:

1. You create a custom field of Deal Single option type ( I called mine "Sure to send?" and the only option is "no"
    2. Add a condition to automation trigger  that "sure to send" is not "no"  - then email will be sent out.

A video: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/blf7j7

How that will work:

1. you just change a deal stage and that will trigger an email to be sent
    2. But, if you want email not to be sent to your customer automatically - before moving a stage - you just need to fill in custom field "Sure to send" with "no" and, only after that move the deal

Don't forget to clear custom field value if you want the automatic emails to be sent during the future stage changes

Hope that makes sense,

Kind regards,

Vladimir

A brilliant explanation- thanks so much Vladimir!