Is pipeline moving?

Mikk Märtmaa
Mikk Märtmaa Member Posts: 25
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

This is a frequent and important question - Is pipeline moving? 

What is a good way to track this in Pipedrive's Reports or Insights? 

In my case, I'd be interested to know how many deals progressed to certain stages over time. As much as I've tried, it's possible to have a snapshot of how many deals are in a certain stage right now, but not how many deals were there a week or a month ago. This would be required to be able to track changes. 

Also, tracking the amount of deals in stages wouldn't tell me if the pipeline is moving since it would include also deals that were lost from that stage, not only deals that were updated to that stage. 

Is there a common way to see how many deals progressed to certain stages in a given period, by a specific user?

Comments

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Mikk Märtmaa ! Great question!

We have a separate report type for that exact need.

Open Insights -> Start creating a new report -> Choose Deal as an entity -> Choose Deal progress for the report type

Deal progress report type shows how many deals progressed in a chosen time period and to which stages. If you need to view it by over time, then choose "Date of entering stage" for your groping. I am adding a screenshot for you:

• Mikk Märtmaa
    Mikk Märtmaa Member Posts: 25
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #3
    Seda said:

Hi @Mikk Märtmaa ! Great question!

We have a separate report type for that exact need.

Open Insights -> Start creating a new report -> Choose Deal as an entity -> Choose Deal progress for the report type

Deal progress report type shows how many deals progressed in a chosen time period and to which stages. If you need to view it by over time, then choose "Date of entering stage" for your groping. I am adding a screenshot for you:

Woah! This seems to be exactly what I was looking for, Thanks a lot, Seda!

Just to  confirm, I would see the same deal in a report for two different stages if the deal moved through these two stages in this period (or if they were skipped)?

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #4

Yes :) For example if a deal moved from stage 2 to stage 5 in a chosen time period then that deal will be shown in stages 3,4,5.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 2020 #5
    Seda said:

Yes :) For example if a deal moved from stage 2 to stage 5 in a chosen time period then that deal will be shown in stages 3,4,5.

This is an immensely helpful report, Seda.

I will make a feature suggestion for Insights overall separately.