Deal owner email address

Options
Jonny Watkins
Jonny Watkins Member Posts: 5
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to show (or to pull out) the deal owner email address to tie Pipedrive to our marketing platform, to help in customised emails - my only workarounds so far are change the deal owners name from their name to their email address, which i don't like, or create a custom field requiring sales team to add their own email address to each contact each time, both of which I think are quite poor, when the information is help within Pipedrive - anyone have any alternate ideas or suggestions for this?

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited September 2021 #2
    Options

When adding the contact to the marketing platform, add the salesperson's name and email as separate custom fields that you can include as merge tags. This is assuming you create a contact/deal first in Pipedrive, assign an owner, and then create a contact in the marketing platform.

• Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821
    Fabrizio Nicolosi_33821 Member Posts: 125
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Jonny yes the only workaround is creating a custom field with the mail.

But a curiosity, why do you want to use mail address and not the name?

• Jonny Watkins
    edited March 2021 #4
    Options

Hi Jonny yes the only workaround is creating a custom field with the mail.

But a curiosity, why do you want to use mail address and not the name?

It essentially the ability to replicate a "normal" email being sent - we're in the fortunate position of having too many enquiries and not enough staff, and rather than just sending generic marketing emails, I want to be able to customise the responses from the marketing platform based on who the end user is dealing with at the business.

Obviously name included, but I can't generate the email signature (unique to the user) without the email address also - the custom field and a manual entry, essentially, I'm either inputting a variation of 20 email address close to 200k times, or I'm asking staff to spend time doing a task, that should (in my opinion anyway) be removable as the information does exist in the platform.

edited July 2022 #5
    Options

ok it occurred to me that you can change the sender name here, see the screenshot!

• Jonny Watkins
    edited July 2022 #6
    Options

ok it occurred to me that you can change the sender name here, see the screenshot!

Hey Fabrizio,

Thanks - yeah i have that as an option, but I'm then unable to include the name of the deal owner as it only exists as an email address.

I think a bulk edit through is the only real way I have of working it, then just stay on top of the database - it just seems mad as there is the information (as in the deal owner has their email stored in the system).

Thanks.

edited April 2021 #7
    Options

Hi Jonny i'm agree with you but there are lot of things to manage! Have a nice day!