Can emails be linked to a deal based on the deal participants?

Ted Youn
Ted Youn Member Posts: 116
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

My client runs a business where each customer usually consists of two parts: sales person and technical staff. Let's say my client has a deal with a company 'Acme' which has two contacts:

1. sales person Alice: alice@wonder.land, who is linked to the Acme deal.
  2. technical staff Bob: bob@wonder.land, who is added as a participant to the Acme deal. (It's because each deal in Pipedrive can have only one contact linked to it.)

Suppose that my client sent a lot of emails to both Alice and Bob for the Acme Deal.

1. All the emails sent to Alice are automatically linked to the Acme deal.
  2. But all the emails sent to Bob are not automatically linked to the Acme deal.

Then my client has to go over each email sent to Bob for manually linking it to the Acme deal. It's because Pipedrive can have only one contact linked to a deal, and an email is automatically linked to a deal based on the email's recipient.

Is there any way to make sure all the emails sent to Bob are also automatically linked to the Acme deal? I think it'll greatly save the time of my client.

6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hello @Ted Youn!

Thank you for sharing this! Unfortunately at the moment our email linking logic does not support this, it can only link to deal based on direct contact. I will share your use case with our team as feedback so they can take into account for future improvements!

• Alison Loperena
    Alison Loperena Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #3
    Kreete K said:

Hello @Ted Youn!

Thank you for sharing this! Unfortunately at the moment our email linking logic does not support this, it can only link to deal based on direct contact. I will share your use case with our team as feedback so they can take into account for future improvements!

We have that as well!

• Ted Youn
    Ted Youn Member Posts: 116
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2021 #4

I also found a similar request  from last year.

• Bella Perez
    Bella Perez Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #5

This would be an incredibly useful addition!!!

• Steven Mecca_47703
    Steven Mecca_47703 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2021 #6
    Kreete K said:

Hello @Ted Youn!

This would be incredibly useful! Please make this a feature!!

• Ian Bailey_41321
    Ian Bailey_41321 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2021 #7

I wanted the same thing. The ability to be able to link multiple emails to a single customer record So that all correspondence relating to that client is in the one area.

• Rob Crouch
    Rob Crouch Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #8
    Kreete K said:

Hello @Ted Youn!

I would love this feature as well. I utilize pipedrive to manage my real estate work.  More often than not I'm selling a home to two individuals (think spouses) and would love if I could set up any automated email templates to send to both a deals "Main Contact" and a "Participant" of my choosing so both buyers (or Sellers) get the same email in their inboxes. This would be such a wonderful upgrade! 

If anyone has a hack for this I'd love to hear about it. 

• Tamara Lima
    Tamara Lima Member Posts: 2
    5 Likes Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #9

VERY much need this capability. I work in Civic Tech B2B and our deals are large government agency contracts (transit agencies) and there are multiple lines of communication with multiple contacts to move a deal through the pipeline. We can't use your other feature like notifications and reminders without this capability. We have even spent the time to add participants to all deals hopefully that this solution will be enabled within the next 6 months. 

• Reviving this thread....I would very much like this as well. In modern B2B sales there rarely, if ever, is only one client interaction point, so it would be good to have "multiple deal participant mail synchronisation"

• Treg Monty
    Treg Monty Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Squeaky Wheel - YES PLEASE we need this feature!

It is March 2023 - Pipedrive please add this feature so when participants are added to a deal, their emails are also linked to that deal!!

Thank you!

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,067 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment

Hi everyone, I am adding this conversation as feedback to be evaluated by our developers. Feel free to upvote and share more use cases.

• Peter Sauer
    Peter Sauer Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

April 2023 - Yes, Please! It seems like common sense. There are multiple decision makers in B2B complex sales. Emails are coming in from multiple contacts. We have automations set up to do certain activities based upon the deal, the deal progressions, etc. But if an activity (phone call, email) come in from a contact that is not the main deal Person, Pipedrive does not connect it to the deal. Consequently, the automations do not know to do certain things.

Similarly, there is no way to create an automation to update Deal "participants" or attach a deal to a person.

Simple coding solution - Apply the deal to each deal participant Contact's "Deals". Link all activities from all Deal participants to the deal, Display all participant activity within the deal.

• We have exactly the same need as all of the other customers in this thread. I'm very surprised that PD does not support email linking of participants, which I would anticipate to be the default behavior. Please prioritize this improvement.

• SamSam
    SamSam Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

Totally agree! Dear pipedrive team: What is the current status on that matter? In complex B2B sales this feature is truly essential!!!

• Andy Theimer
    Andy Theimer Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Any update on this? I don't care if you "link" them or not but they DEFINITELY need to show up on the Deal timeline of things.

No one is going to complain because you show the latest communication related to the deal's primary contact.

Please make this happen PD.

• This request was raised 2 years ago. Since then there has been a steady stream of comments and people confirming they would like this (I still very much do). @Manuel Oliveira , it would be great if this could get some Pipedrive love!

• christian.rouffaert@teragence.com
    edited December 2023 #18

So, it seems there is some kind of hack around this: I noticed that an email trail which started with the primary contact and then moves onto other people still gets synched to the opp (say you send a mail to John and Jane with John the primary contact, if Jane only replies to you, while leaving John out of the conversation, the mail still gets synch'ed to John's opp). It is not a very elegant solution, but at least it goes some way to addressing the challenge.

• jnjh
    jnjh Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

+1 for this request. This is necessary for B2B sales with multiple decision makers. Getting the sales team to remember to use the BCC with deal-specific email address is not a viable workaround, particularly as they don't have to use the BCC method for most communication.