Prospector is great search engine but it's really not a bargain

Wiktor Włodawiec
Wiktor Włodawiec Member Posts: 3

Hello Pipedrivers! 

First of all I need to say that I love the quality of service that I've been provided with so far. Support is always spot on and system itself is really good HOWEVER there is one thing that might use an improvement.

I'm talking about prospector and it's credits. Generally speaking - I get it, business informations should have a price tag on and it's fine but the way the credits need to be replenished is unfortunately far from ideal FROM MY POINT OF VIEW (I want to emphasise that it's subjective). 

How it works right now :

The purchaser pays 39€/month for great search engine (Prospector) with chatbot and livechat. When the purchaser want to add a contact from search engine he/she needs to use a credit. The starting bundle is 20 credits and it's 1 credit per contact. When the credit counter hits zero you need to replenish the credits.

How it could work from my point of view:

Everything from above + 15/20 credit replenishment monthly

Reasoning:

Livechat and chatbot are great, however the prospector without the credits is just a glorious search engine. One could argue that similar thing is available for free on LinkedIn however yours, quite clearly, is more sophisticated yet still it's not very useful on it's own.

That's why I believe that throwing in 15-20 credits monthly as a part of 39€ offer would be a great addition. Now it gives the feeling a bit similar to EA Games. Purchaser needs to buy the access and then buy something more to really enjoy the experience and that's slightly underwhelming especially considering that rest of the service is way above the average.

I might be spoiled by what I got from you so far but I just feel that this one aspect could be more customer friendly.

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Veronika Danielova
    Veronika Danielova Pipedrive Team Posts: 17 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hello Wiktor,

I am glad to hear you are satisfied with provided services! It is amazing to read what you've written: "...love the quality of service that I've been provided with so far."  

Wiktor, thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions regarding the Prospector credits pricing. We always appreciate suggestions from our customers and we process them and take them into consideration. I definitely see your point and I think we love to spoil our customers so thank you for your idea :-) 

Let me just mention that at this moment pricing 39€/month  (32.5€/month billed annually) is not mainly the Prospector pricing but it is for the entire LeadBooster add-on which as you mentioned contains a set of great tools to boost your Lead generation and help you to get not only outbound leads from Prospector but also  inbound leads from Web Forms, Live Chat, ChatBot.

Thank you again for your feedback and have amazing day!

Veronika

• Wiktor Włodawiec
    edited April 2021 #3

Hello Wiktor,

I am glad to hear you are satisfied with provided services! It is amazing to read what you've written: "...love the quality of service that I've been provided with so far."  

Wiktor, thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions regarding the Prospector credits pricing. We always appreciate suggestions from our customers and we process them and take them into consideration. I definitely see your point and I think we love to spoil our customers so thank you for your idea :-) 

Let me just mention that at this moment pricing 39€/month  (32.5€/month billed annually) is not mainly the Prospector pricing but it is for the entire LeadBooster add-on which as you mentioned contains a set of great tools to boost your Lead generation and help you to get not only outbound leads from Prospector but also  inbound leads from Web Forms, Live Chat, ChatBot.

Veronika

Hi Veronika, thanks for the answer. 

Well I do love your services, I stand by it and recommend it to people with big smile on my face :)

And yes I know that LeadBooster add-on contains 4 tools yet I'm speaking 100% from B2B perspective. On my position 90% of my efforts are focused on B2B side of the business and as much as fluent and polished Live Chat and ChatBot are I cannot really find much use form them in that departament.  I believe Web Forms can be great but again - I we have our own forms already.

Therefore I concentrate on one feature that  do affect me and it's prospector.
    I just thought that it would be nice improvement especially taking  that we decided to go for the trial exclusively because of prospector.

Anyway what you do you do, I won't stop using Pipedrive just because one feature isn't ideal for me so there is no worry about that ;) nevertheless I'm looking forward to new updates!

• Veronika Danielova
    edited April 2021 #4

Hello Wiktor,

Veronika

Thank you for further clarification Wiktor! 

Now I understand your perspective. If I got it correctly, maybe the solution for your company might be to have the Prospector feature as a separate one and with appropriet pricing for one feature (not as a part of bundle), right?

Thank you and have amazing day

Veronika

• Wiktor Włodawiec
    edited April 2021 #5

Hello Wiktor,

Veronika

Yes! I believe that spreading these tools into separate offers would be very beneficial indeed however I still stand by the idea of included credit replenishment.  

"Why" you might ask. Well, here we go with psychology. I'd like to consider it a self manipulation but it just doesn't feel right to pay for service and have it's features prohibited the way it's done right now. 

I would be willing to pay extra 5-8 Euros for a plan if it meant that the mentioned replenishment would be included. Yes I know, it's a bit irrational as if there is no replenishment I can just purchase as much as I need however the thought of having to purchase credits every time the counter hits zero without the prospect of them being replenished by the start of the next month just seems wrong. As if I would pay just for search engine access.

Listen, I know that I'm whining. I know that this feature is a kind of a whim so please do as you please and don't feel forced.

Have a great day!

• Veronika Danielova
    edited November 2021 #6

Hello Wiktor,

Veronika

Hey hey Wiktor :-)

great news. Leadbooster subscription now comes with 10 Prospector credits every month! We also introduced the possibility to subscribe to recurring credit packages! More information is on our knowledgebase https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/prospector-leadbooster-billing

Let me know your opinion 

Best Regards

Veronika