How do I create a unique URL inside of an email template using deal ID or some other reference?

Options
Charles Douthitt
Charles Douthitt Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi Pipedrive Community,

I am trying to create a unique URL inside of an email template that contains the deal ID or some other unique ID. From others I have taken the approach of having it start as plain text and when it sends it will become a link. (Although even this workaround may not work in all email clients)  

I can not use the field Deal Name or anything else that I see listed as options in the Fields drop down because the link will not work if there are space in the resulting field data. 

For example: www.companyname dot com/partners/bobs big deal 

ends up in the users inbox as www.companyname.com/partners/bobs big deal. 

I have considered creating a custom field such as Company Deal ID, but then I believe the sales team would have to enter this each time a deal is created and the entire point of this is to work them out of the process. 

Two others have posted something similar: 

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/dynamic-url-link-inside-email-template-607debd0d8ac1b9f76db1d26

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/custom-fields-in-email-template-url-604905ff8ba1c17db3f027cf

However, they have not received any solid responses. I hope someone can offer a good suggestion on how to tackle this so I can stop pulling out my hair. 

Thank you 

609bf9b03e70150983758d08_2042.png

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

What were you planning to put in Company Deal ID? You can reference the deal ID by using the [Deal ID]. Although I think the link breaks.

• Charles Douthitt
    Charles Douthitt Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2021 #3
    Options

What were you planning to put in Company Deal ID? You can reference the deal ID by using the [Deal ID]. Although I think the link breaks.

Hi Amit - I was considering just copying the deal ID and retyping its value into a custom field that I would call "company Deal ID". This would allow me to reference a unique value in the email template editor, but I really dont want to go down this path as it just creates more work. 

Specifically, how do I reference deal id in the email template editor? I tried typing [Deal ID] but I dont see anything suggesting its going to reference the actual deal, and [Deal ID] just shows up in the final email. 

Thanks for helping. 

Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited May 2021 #4
    Options

This is what it should look like.

• Hugo_5566
    Hugo_5566 Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2021 #5
    Options

Same request. Follow

• Josue Camargo
    Josue Camargo Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

I have created an automated workflow that sends an email to some stakeholders every time a deal is Won. I would like to create a link en the email so hey click the link and see the details in Pipedrive directly, without the need for searching.

Something like

https://mycompany.pipedrive.com/deal/DEALID

But the Deal ID is not available on the mergefields for email templates.

¿Is there any workaround or soution?

• Jesus Bosch
    Jesus Bosch Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

same request. follow

• Verginia
    Verginia Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Similar request.

I would like to send a unique link to each customer. Could we embed a url somewhere in the contact/company fields, that would then be picked up by the automated template?

Best,

Verginia

Options

@Verginia , @Jesus Bosch , @Josue Camargo , @Hugo_5566 , @Charles Douthitt

I have added a solution for this.

• Jesus Bosch
    Jesus Bosch Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

Really? pay for an article? I thought this was a forum

• Kenton Baker
    Kenton Baker Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

@Charles Douthitt @Jesus Bosch Did you end up finding a solution for this (I didn't pay for the article)?