Backdate Deal

Mark_14582
Mark_14582 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, How do i go about setting the date that a deal starts if it was in the past and not the present day so that i get an accurate duration of the deal in the funnel?

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2

Go to the list view, pull Deal Created in the view, and edit it from the list view.

• Alexander Kuimov
    Alexander Kuimov Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2021 #3

Go to the list view, pull Deal Created in the view, and edit it from the list view.

Hello,

I have the same question. How can I close the deal today so it went to January's statistik? 

I tried to do that according to your advice and change "Win date" but it didn't work. There was a mistake - We weren't able to edit 1 deal. Sorry, something went wrong there.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited May 2021 #4

Unless it's a permissions issue, this should be possible. Please reach out to support.

• Mark_14582
    Mark_14582 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #5

I had a lengthy discussion with the online support. 

In a nutshell you can only change the Deal Created date. However this information is not used in the calculation of the time/duration a deal spends in a pipeline/phase that you have set up. This cannot be changed (which is a bit of a flaw in that I have many deals that now look as if they have all started on one day but in reality were active long before we started using pipedrive)

For me the implication is that the time per phase of a deal is not accurate, however you can track the trends of when deals were created over time

Unless Im missing something 

PS - i have full admin rights on our subscription

• Helio
    Helio Pipedrive Team Posts: 63 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2021 #6
    Mark said:

I had a lengthy discussion with the online support. 

In a nutshell you can only change the Deal Created date. However this information is not used in the calculation of the time/duration a deal spends in a pipeline/phase that you have set up. This cannot be changed (which is a bit of a flaw in that I have many deals that now look as if they have all started on one day but in reality were active long before we started using pipedrive)

For me the implication is that the time per phase of a deal is not accurate, however you can track the trends of when deals were created over time

Unless Im missing something 

PS - i have full admin rights on our subscription

Hello, this is indeed a limitation. I can see my colleague submitted feedback in regards to this. Hopefully, this is something that can be changed in Pipedrive in the future.

• Alexander Kuimov
    Alexander Kuimov Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2021 #7

Well now I have Admin rights and can admit that the way Amit proposed is working!