Workflow Automations: Specify Different Email Sender

Options
Kyle Neuenschwander
Kyle Neuenschwander Member Posts: 10
First Comment

At present, email actions run through workflow automations exclusively send from the linked email account of the automation owner; this limits the capability to leverage automatic emails to leads and prospects, since Pipedrive administrators generally manage these automations, and would not be the desired contact for replies or continued contact.

Comments

• Edie Mew
    Edie Mew Member Posts: 169
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Answer
    edited May 2022 #2
    Options

Hi Kyle, 

You are correct that admin users have control over workflow automation, however, they can assign this function to a user via the permission settings and choosing what a particular type of user can do. This is based on the fact that your Pipedrive plan is at least Advanced 

I hope that helps and answers your question. 

• Kyle Neuenschwander
    First Comment
    edited July 2021 #3
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

Hi Kyle, 

You are correct that admin users have control over workflow automation, however, they can assign this function to a user via the permission settings and choosing what a particular type of user can do. This is based on the fact that your Pipedrive plan is at least Advanced 

Hey Edie,

Thank you for your reply! While we could certainly permit regular users or managers access to automations, the astounding breadth of powers and potential impacts which this would open to them prohibits this from a security standpoint. 

• Edie Mew
    edited July 2021 #4
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

Hi Kyle, 

Hi Kyle, 

That makes sense from a security point of view, the other solution could be (even though it's slightly lengthy) is setting up each automation under the user's login account. Therefore the email sends from their email address, comes back to their inbox. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

• Kyle Neuenschwander
    First Comment
    edited July 2021 #5
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

Hi Kyle, 

Hey Edie,

I confess I haven't attempted this; will automations created under users with the privilege to do so continue to run after the privilege has been revoked? If so, that sounds more like a liability than a feature, given that administrators at present cannot edit or remove the automations of other users.

• Edie Mew
    edited May 2022 #6
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

Hi Kyle, 

Hi Kyle, 

Thanks for your patience with my response, I was doing testing to understand if I can achieve your outcome. 

We set a user of ours from admin to regular and gave them permission to create automation, the regular created the automation and the admin then revoked that right. 

Once revoked the regular user then triggered the automation and it worked. 

We then checked what an admin user can do to a regular user's automation once the right has been revoked. the admin can only view, toggle off active mode and delete automation. they cannot edit it. 

I hope this helps. 

• PWF
    PWF Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Hi, can I check if my understanding is correct in the scenario that we want to send an automated email from the salesperson after a deal closes.

To do so, we have to give them automation / campaign permissions and then set up the automation using their login? Further we have to repeat this for each salesperson? This seems like a very inefficient workaround.