Compulsory Fields when winning a deal

Options
Daniela Theart
Daniela Theart Member Posts: 15
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi All, 

Is there a way that you can add compulsory fields to be completed before winning a deal on Pipedrive?

We are struggling with our sales team to complete certain fields and we sync these contacts to our Mailchimp audiences for marketing and notification emails,  and need to ensure that for instance: contact info Email address, First Name and Last name and a label does get completed before they can win a deal.  This is the only way I think they will actually do what we ask them to do.

Looking forward to your feedback and suggestions in this regard

Thank you 

Comments

• Bert Calatz
    Bert Calatz Member Posts: 60
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Daniela Theart 

Check  Settings - Data Field. There is the option to make fields mandatory. For example your email address. If you do not fill this in, the contact cannot be saved. 

• Daniela Theart
    Daniela Theart Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #3
    Options

Hi @Daniela Theart 

Check  Settings - Data Field. There is the option to make fields mandatory. For example your email address. If you do not fill this in, the contact cannot be saved. 

Thank you but I do not see this option.  Is this under custom fields?

• Bert Calatz
    Bert Calatz Member Posts: 60
    First Comment
    edited July 2021 #4
    Options

Hi @Daniela Theart 

Hi @Daniela Theart ,

I myself have an Advanced license and it can be found there under settings - datafields. 

I don't know if this feature is available under the Essential and Advances license.

So maybe that's where your challenge lies?

• Camy Puech
    Camy Puech Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #5
    Options

Hi 

I have the same question but I think the answer below does not answer the original question.

The deal / contact is already created. I have the same issue to force sales team to complete certains fields before winning a deal . I have several custom fields that I would like to set mandatory in order for the sales person to change the status into "Won"

How can I do that ?

Thanks,