2»

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited October 2021 #32
    Options

Hey Pipedrive!

The Project feature on its own would be a welcome boon and could help streamline our process. However, our business runs under a SAAS model; our product is not a single object, but a service which we provide. We do have additional offerings under our business model which help support our main product

What are your first thoughts after seeing this?

1. What you would expect to be able to do inside the new projects area?
      • Outside of what is apparent from the mockup presented, it would also be deeply advantageous to permit Workflow Automations to push projects between stages based on the completion of constituent tasks, and to permit specialized behaviour based on properties of the deal(s) with which it is associated.
    2. What would be the main value for you if we launch a project management solution?
      •  Examples of how this could be used would include:
        • Tracking product feature requests by requesting clients
        • Custom versions of our product offering (such as white labels)
        • Custom use of our product by internal professionals to accomplish paid service offerings within their accounts.
    3. What direction feels more natural to you: 
      1.  Converting a deal into a project 
      2.  Closing the deal and creating a new project linked to that deal
      3.  OTHER
        • Projects related to deals, but not as an exclusive 1:1 relationship. In other words, the option to manage multiple projects related to one deal, or even better, possibly related to multiple deals.
    4. Any other feedback you might have, please let us know
      • While this may be out of scope, we actively leverage Pipedrive to help maintain ongoing relationships between ourselves and our Won clients; at present, many features stop functioning after a deal is 'Won', such as 'Rot' and 'Important' or 'Required' fields. While this particular feature could be immensely helpful to us, it wouldn't cover these and related needs where account management is concerned.

Thanks for sharing @Kyle Neuenschwander interesting comments around account management which I'll pass on internally for any future development :) 

• Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    Hossein Mohsenian_8278 Member Posts: 78
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 2021 #33
    Options

Excellent stuff and sorry that I'm few hours late due to the time zone difference!

1. I like it, I was imagining something like this structure. 
    2. Creating statuses, stages, notifications, HIGHLIGHTs (Notes), etc
    3. Native integration with Pipedrive, integration with Xero (Accounting System)
    4. Converting a deal into a project (Default trigger : Won, but we should have an option to convert the deal to a job manually maybe after certain criteria have been met upon WON)
    5. Customer portal! Being able to DEFINE ROLES and PRIVILIGIES as much as possible. Imagine we are coming from a journey of LEAD then DEAL then PROJECT, so at each point certain user can access certain things. Also being able to hide fields (and not show under a job/deal but still part of it, for example we have are automating an order form creation whereby we defined 70 fields in Pipedrive which only are needed to populate that form so users should not see those 70 fields under the deal/job. Currently now way to hide)

@Mike van der Valk Can we also consider GoogleSheet integration with Project Management? 

• Martin Sandén
    Martin Sandén Member Posts: 25
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #34
    Options

Hi,

I have not read all replies yet, but this seems good! And some thoughts from me :-)

• In our projects we often have several persons involved, both internal and external with different roles. It would be helpful to have fields for this related to the project, like Acme Inc John Doe "External project leader". In another he can be involved with another "role".

• The possibility to "connect a map/folder", for all documents in the project.
    • Be able to start a project without converting it from a deal?
    • Start projects with "No owner" (Should be possible for Contacts and Companies as well!)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #35
    Options

Hi,

I have not read all replies yet, but this seems good! And some thoughts from me :-)

• In our projects we often have several persons involved, both internal and external with different roles. It would be helpful to have fields for this related to the project, like Acme Inc John Doe "External project leader". In another he can be involved with another "role".

• The possibility to "connect a map/folder", for all documents in the project.
    • Be able to start a project without converting it from a deal?
    • Start projects with "No owner" (Should be possible for Contacts and Companies as well!)

Thanks for the feedback @Martin Sandén always great to see people taking the time to share!

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #36
    Options

This looks great. I personally hate using a bunch of different software and have been using Pipedrive to manage the deal after it is won already. Works great but messes of my sales insights and not much on task management. 

1) Looks very promising

2) Task management, document repository, something like a pipeline to track progress and percentage to complete, scheduling that doesn't show up in sales activity's.

3)Not a bunch of 3rd party apps that are trying to work together. All in Pipedrive is seamless.

4)I would like it to just have a convert to project button regardless if the deal is won or not.

5)If you can get this all together with your other lead booster options it really would be the best option for a complete solution.

My only gripe with Pipedrive is loose ends. Love everything you guys have put out but there always seems to be some polishing needed that never happens. Lead Inbox not usable on IOS app is my biggest right now. Google drive integration not organizing files and just dumping them in one big folder is second. :)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #37
    Options

Excellent stuff and sorry that I'm few hours late due to the time zone difference!

1. I like it, I was imagining something like this structure. 
    2. Creating statuses, stages, notifications, HIGHLIGHTs (Notes), etc
    3. Native integration with Pipedrive, integration with Xero (Accounting System)
    4. Converting a deal into a project (Default trigger : Won, but we should have an option to convert the deal to a job manually maybe after certain criteria have been met upon WON)
    5. Customer portal! Being able to DEFINE ROLES and PRIVILIGIES as much as possible. Imagine we are coming from a journey of LEAD then DEAL then PROJECT, so at each point certain user can access certain things. Also being able to hide fields (and not show under a job/deal but still part of it, for example we have are automating an order form creation whereby we defined 70 fields in Pipedrive which only are needed to populate that form so users should not see those 70 fields under the deal/job. Currently now way to hide)

Definitely, down the line we want to integrate with many other useful tools. However, it won't be part of our MVP release at first as we want to focus on the core, being able to run the delivery process in a new part of Pipedrive after the deal is won. Once that is solid we will start adding functionality there like integrations.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #38
    Options

This looks great. I personally hate using a bunch of different software and have been using Pipedrive to manage the deal after it is won already. Works great but messes of my sales insights and not much on task management. 

1) Looks very promising

2) Task management, document repository, something like a pipeline to track progress and percentage to complete, scheduling that doesn't show up in sales activity's.

3)Not a bunch of 3rd party apps that are trying to work together. All in Pipedrive is seamless.

4)I would like it to just have a convert to project button regardless if the deal is won or not.

5)If you can get this all together with your other lead booster options it really would be the best option for a complete solution.

My only gripe with Pipedrive is loose ends. Love everything you guys have put out but there always seems to be some polishing needed that never happens. Lead Inbox not usable on IOS app is my biggest right now. Google drive integration not organizing files and just dumping them in one big folder is second. :)

Hi @Josh Buesking thanks for sharing your insights, I appreciate it. I'm going to pass on your feedback on Google Drive as well. I know they are currently working on leads for Mobile by the way!

• Keely Biggs
    Keely Biggs Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited October 2021 #39
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk - haven't been on here for a while and only just seen this. My feedback is below. We currently use a separate pipeline to manage our projects once a deal is won 

1. What are your first thoughts after seeing this? intuitive, good start 

2. What you would expect to be able to do inside the new projects area?

• workflow automation capabilities
    • customise Project stages
    • custom fields with data carried over from Deals but with ability to hide irrelevant fields in the Project view.
    • send emails inc. templates.
    • be able to create checklists inside a Project / can't move Project to next stage if checklist not completed.
    • track delivery of separate products to us (we don't use Products module as every product we do is bespoke)
    • link to a sharepoint file where all drawings/info is kept for the project

3. What would be the main value for you if we launch a project management solution?

• more detailed view of where we are with a project from within Pipedrive. 
    • more granular task management
    • potential for linking to a customer portal to see project status.
    • create a more seamless handover process

4. What direction feels more natural to you:  

- Converting a deal into a project  

- Closing the deal and creating a new project linked to that deal - this - need to be able to see deals marked as won. not sure if first option would do this anyway?

5. Any other feedback you might have, please let us know. that's all i have for now :)

Edit: ability to create forms to send to clients/sub-contractors for completing and signing would be amazing. e.g. Pre-start checklist, Project completion sign off forms etc. 

• Rebecca Wallace
    Rebecca Wallace Member Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited October 2021 #40
    Options

I think this is a great idea- our business could use this