B2B lead generation: Post-event activities

Options
Michael Newberry
Michael Newberry Member Posts: 6
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hello,

I work for a small SaaS company and we will be exhibiting at two events in September this year.

However in the past we have struggled to create effective post-event nurturing campaigns. In most occasions, all of the leads went through them same automated process: 

• 1st email explained the company and its solutions
  • 2nd email (7 days later) was on a topical blog
  • 3rd email (7 days later) was about a product and a case study
  • 4th email (7 days later) asked the audience if they wanted to book a demo

Does anyone have any experiences or advice that they would be willing to share that could make this journey more exciting and engaging for the audience? 

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Segment your lists and set up a different drip sequence for each segment. The content or theme of the drip sequence will depend on the segment/personas of these leads.

• Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Overall your approach seems to make sense. But I'd add an overall best practice that make the content of the email less about you and your product and more about customer and customer pains. 

Also, what would "more effective" mean to you? More demos booked or something else? If that's the critical piece, you may want to add that to the first email as well ie right after the event. 

• Michael Newberry
    edited June 2021 #4
    Options

Segment your lists and set up a different drip sequence for each segment. The content or theme of the drip sequence will depend on the segment/personas of these leads.

Thank you Amit. I also thought about segmenting the contacts by persona, which solutions they showed interest in and if we are engaging with them already before the event.

• Michael Newberry
    edited June 2021 #5
    Options

Overall your approach seems to make sense. But I'd add an overall best practice that make the content of the email less about you and your product and more about customer and customer pains. 

Also, what would "more effective" mean to you? More demos booked or something else? If that's the critical piece, you may want to add that to the first email as well ie right after the event. 

Thank you Andrus for your advice. 

Messaging has often been sales orientated , focusing on the contact's pain points is a great approach.

Increasing the number of demo requests is the primary objective, but increasing newsletter sign ups would also be beneficial. Applying your suggestion to the current workflow could work; anyone who doesn't book a demo initially could be nurtured with the aim to encourage signing up to the newsletter.