Updating Contact: Customer Contacts who leave an Organization, do you delete or change their name?

Options
Meghann Cundall
Meghann Cundall Member Posts: 11
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

We have a customer who has a main contact who left the organization.  We want to keep track of all their emails for historical reference so we don't want to delete the contact from our Pipedrive.  Is there a way to keep the emails while deleting the contact with their contact email?  

I thought of keeping the contact and changing their name to appear as "DO NOT CONTACT" but I'm certain there is a better way to keep the historical emails but also removing the contact from the Organization.

Answers

• Tracy Hageman
    Tracy Hageman Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Have you had any luck finding answer on this? We are running into this in our company!

• Meghann Cundall
    Meghann Cundall Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited August 2021 #3
    Options

Have you had any luck finding answer on this? We are running into this in our company!

I have not figured this out.  I also had the incident where a contact switched companies and their email changed.  Instead of creating 2 contacts I just had their new email address linked and removed their previous email but that removed all the communications on the previous account. 

It would be great to find solutions on how to keep the historical emails while not wanting to keep the contact's email associated to their account.  

• Dan_51711
    Dan_51711 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2021 #4
    Options

I'm very surprised an Active/Inactive status isn't inbuilt functionality - that seems to be very basic for this type of CRM tool.

• Dan_51711
    Dan_51711 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2021 #5
    Options

I created a custom field "Left Org" with either null or "Gone.

Flag any person who has moved on as gone.

Then always make new person entries for every new contact.

Klunky but it works. Not impressed with Pipedrive but cest la vie

• Ruben Nadimi
    Ruben Nadimi Member Posts: 2
    5 Up Votes
    edited January 2022 #6
    Options
    I asked PD support, there is no solution at the moment (5 Jan 2022)
  • Michiel Westerveld
    Options

Also looking for this functionality. Really surprised that this is not built in.

• Scott Coleman
    Scott Coleman Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I too would like to see Pipedrive add a Active/Inactive Field at the contact level. Is this being addressed?

• Gaëlle
    Gaëlle Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi,

I also have this question, and Pipedrive technical assistant only provide the 'tipp' to create by ourself a personalized field. Keep the history of the contacts we had with a company seems to be very important in a personal sales process. Why Pipedrive delete all the data of a contact when this one is deleted?

Is this something foreseen to be improved?

• Patrick Djerf
    Patrick Djerf Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hi,

I just add brackets around the name, e.g. "(Patrick Djerf)" - then it's very visual in Pipedrive that the person has left and all the history is kept. When they change company, they also change e-mail so the e-mail tracking works as it should.