Pipedrive for Real Estate Investors

Keith Gereghty
Keith Gereghty Member Posts: 58
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Are there any real estate investors on this forum who buy then rehab and either sell or rent? Would like to share ideas on how to better utilize Pipedrive for my business, apps and automation, etc.

Answers

• Heshel Mangel
    Heshel Mangel Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #2

Yes, we buy and rent apartments. 

• Iztok Toplak
    Iztok Toplak Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #3

Yes, buy, sell, rent and management. 

• Alex Stueber
    Alex Stueber Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited June 2021 #4

Hey, @Keith Gereghtyblc-conseil.com
     have helped clients in this area, with different needs and ideas too.

I would love to hear more about yours and how you manage your PD too.

Also, @Baptiste is a master in Marketing solutions with lots of different views and ideas of his own!.

Cheers Alex

• Keith Gereghty
    edited August 2021 #5

Thank you for the responses! I do not know anyone else using Pipedrive for RE Investing. Trying to get some insight into how ya'll have PD set up, Pipedrive funnel, Best Practices, 3rd party apps used, etc. Will add some of my info later when I am back in the office this evening.

• Justin Sterling
    Justin Sterling Member Posts: 8
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #6

I'm a commercial broker.  Looking to  to learn and share , so this could be a great thread!  

Has anyone found a way  using fields to calculate a result similar to what you may see in Excel? 

For example if I have deal fields (RENT & SF), could I get PD to calculate a new value in an empty field? 

Example $10.00 PSF (RENT). X 1,000 (SF) =  $10,000 

• Keith Gereghty
    edited July 2021 #7

Hi Justin, 

From what I understand Pipedrive currently does not have the ability for calculations (and the answer for the calculation) to be embedded into a default or custom field. I think you can do this with Zapier (Paul Minors on Youtube said it could be done but have no idea how). Also, there are a few 3rd party apps for calculations but do you own due diligence on those. Good news is that many people are asking for that so we may see that function before the end of 2022...I hope!

• Keith Gereghty
    edited July 2021 #8

Alex and All, I am fairly new to Pipedrive. I tested it for 45 days and then signed on for Advanced. I think Pro might be the way to go since I cannot add any of my custom field data into a KPI set. I am in Atlanta, GA and am a franchise of HomeVestors (the We Buy Ugly Houses people). I wholesale and renovate. I watch Paul minors on Youtube and set my sales funnel up accordingly naming the stage of sales as already having occurred; Not Contacted - Contacted - Appointment Scheduled - Follow Up - PSA (Purchase and Sale Agreement) Executed - Exit Assign - PSA Closed - Exit-Wholesale - Exit Retail - PSA executed - Sale Closed. The funnel is simple and am going to add 2nd, 3rd...maybe more different sales funnels for Exit-Assign, Exit-Wholesale and Exit-Retail. But I am holding off and hoping Pipedrive implements a "checklist" feature. If that happens then the reasons for the additional sales funnels makes sense to me. I use the "free" Zapier so limited to 5 Zaps. Still testing but seems solid to me. I am using an integrated Caller; FunnelFLARE out of Calgary, AB. Seems like a new platform for calling. The functions are sophisticated and the integration is a major plus for me. I am still needing some help working out some of the kinks in the Caller and CRM. I have my Calendar page, which anyone can tell was put together by a novice. But it looks pretty good for what its function is for clients. I am a 1 man business so I do not meed much and working to automate as much as possible without spending major money on modifications and 3rd party apps. I am still looking for a simple, budget friendly "docusign" product but it also integrates with Pipedrive. Maybe it's a pipedream! I hope we can all share "Best Practices". They may not pertain to what I am doing but I cannot learn enough about real estate. Each others sales funnel, workflow automation, tips and hacks, etc. I believe a CRM for real estate investors that looks suspiciously like Pipedrive and has a lot of what I want in a CRM but it is pricey (wonder if they bought the base code for Pipedrive?) and Pipedrive is established with good support for its user. 

• jams
    jams Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #9

We invest in real estate and make private loans to investors 👋

Regarding the questions about calculations: 

I have a select field labeled "Actions" and an option "Run Calcs" - when you select that field, the record is added to a view filter. Then I have a Zapier that triggers on "new item in filter."

In Zapier, there is a function that will run Excel calculations on Pipedrive fields and then update the Pipedrive record with the calculation values. 

The only catch is, you have to manually trigger it each time you want it to run and it takes a minute or two to update.

For calls, we use RingCentral and this Chrome extension which logs all calls and texts to the related Pipedrive contact. 

• Keith Gereghty
    edited April 2022 #10

Does anyone use Excel to port over data from Pipedrive for KPI's? 

Just curious and not sure if or how it can be done.

• Keith Gereghty
    edited April 2022 #11

Does anyone use automated email and drip campaigns? 

What workflow in Pipedrive or 3rd party apps do you use? 

• Keith Gereghty
    edited April 2022 #12

It's late right now so i am not sure I posted this before but my Pipedrive is broken down into the following Stages:

Lead In - new leads come in via Zapier. Most only have phone numbers but the web leads have all the details. Unfortunately, I have to piece the Deal, Person and organization into the actual Deal. I wish I could get Zapier to integrate all the parts into the deal as they data comes into Pipedrive.

Contacted - leads either attempting to contact or have already contacted

Buy Call-Appointment - an appointment to visit the property and present an offer is scheduled

Follow Up - following up on sellers that did not warmly receive my offer for their house. 40% of my buys come from follow up so it's important.

PA Executed-Buy - The Purchase and Sale Agreement has been signed by both parties and sent to the closing agent for title search, etc.

Exit- Assignment - assign PA to another investor

Exit-Wholesale / Wholetail - purchase the property and fix a few of any major things that may scare some investors (or regular MLS buyers) from purchasing the property (hole in the roof, very dirty so clean, etc). With Wholetail I do a very limited renovation (no new or fancy items just the basics) to make the property financeable and livable that would make the property suitable for a cash or conventional loan.

Exit-Retail - house is renovated and placed on MLS.

The Exit stages are where, once the deal/property has been sold to another buyer are turned into "Won" deals with the gross profit as the amount displayed. Which takes a long time depending on the type of Exit being used. 

I sue the Organization for the property info after the PA is executed. The deal is where I keep the data for the house and lead in flow (lead receipt date, sub-stages for the Buy call (contacted-no buy call appointment, contacted-appointment set, the date and time of the appointment, etc.) Working on getting as much as I can automated. 

It's a simple model and works right now. Probably will create another funnel for future Buy and Holds.

I hope Pipedrive does create the ability to create calculations into field, it would help a lot. The other thing I would like is to have pre-set and pre-filled activities (such as checklists) assigned to different stages. 

Also, working on building my Trello card checklists for my admin folks to continue systemizing our process' which will be integrated into Pipedrive. But would still like a native checklist function inside Pipedrive.

• Keith Gereghty
    edited August 2021 #13

I am trying to get a KPI in Insights for my buy ration - all appointments/all leads for a month. Should be simple but still working on it. I would like some more real estate investor KPI's as well. Unless I am not using Insights correctly, extracting the data is a little confusing. 

What KPI's are the other real estate investors using for themselves and/or employees and business?

• Justin Sterling
    Justin Sterling Member Posts: 8
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited August 2021 #14

We invest in real estate and make private loans to investors 👋

Regarding the questions about calculations: 

I have a select field labeled "Actions" and an option "Run Calcs" - when you select that field, the record is added to a view filter. Then I have a Zapier that triggers on "new item in filter."

In Zapier, there is a function that will run Excel calculations on Pipedrive fields and then update the Pipedrive record with the calculation values. 

The only catch is, you have to manually trigger it each time you want it to run and it takes a minute or two to update.

For calls, we use RingCentral and this Chrome extension which logs all calls and texts to the related Pipedrive contact. 

Interesting workflow.  I will try that and let you know how it goes.   Thanks for sharing! 

• Aaron Wagner
    Aaron Wagner Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2021 #15

It's late right now so i am not sure I posted this before but my Pipedrive is broken down into the following Stages:

Lead In - new leads come in via Zapier. Most only have phone numbers but the web leads have all the details. Unfortunately, I have to piece the Deal, Person and organization into the actual Deal. I wish I could get Zapier to integrate all the parts into the deal as they data comes into Pipedrive.

Buy Call-Appointment - an appointment to visit the property and present an offer is scheduled

Follow Up - following up on sellers that did not warmly receive my offer for their house. 40% of my buys come from follow up so it's important.

PA Executed-Buy - The Purchase and Sale Agreement has been signed by both parties and sent to the closing agent for title search, etc.

Exit-Wholesale / Wholetail - purchase the property and fix a few of any major things that may scare some investors (or regular MLS buyers) from purchasing the property (hole in the roof, very dirty so clean, etc). With Wholetail I do a very limited renovation (no new or fancy items just the basics) to make the property financeable and livable that would make the property suitable for a cash or conventional loan.

The Exit stages are where, once the deal/property has been sold to another buyer are turned into "Won" deals with the gross profit as the amount displayed. Which takes a long time depending on the type of Exit being used. 

I sue the Organization for the property info after the PA is executed. The deal is where I keep the data for the house and lead in flow (lead receipt date, sub-stages for the Buy call (contacted-no buy call appointment, contacted-appointment set, the date and time of the appointment, etc.) Working on getting as much as I can automated. 

It's a simple model and works right now. Probably will create another funnel for future Buy and Holds.

I hope Pipedrive does create the ability to create calculations into field, it would help a lot. The other thing I would like is to have pre-set and pre-filled activities (such as checklists) assigned to different stages. 

Also, working on building my Trello card checklists for my admin folks to continue systemizing our process' which will be integrated into Pipedrive. But would still like a native checklist function inside Pipedrive.

"Unfortunately, I have to piece the Deal, Person and organization into the actual Deal. I wish I could get Zapier to integrate all the parts into the deal as they data comes into Pipedrive."

I labored at this a while and have since figured it out. When a new lead comes in, Zapier first creates a new person, and THEN a new deal, connected the existing person to the new deal. If you are set up to create the new deal right away, then you will be stuck having to connect the pieces together. 

• Keith Gereghty
    edited August 2021 #16

Interesting, how to you get Zapier to use that order if all the data you need is coming via an email? Using Zapier Parser to separate the data. I'm using the Free version, too.

• Aaron Wagner
    Aaron Wagner Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2021 #17

See below

• Keith Gereghty
    edited August 2021 #18

Oof! Looks like I might have to actually pay for it. Thanks for the input Aaron!

• Iztok Toplak
    Iztok Toplak Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited August 2021 #19

Two examples of how to get deal in Pipedrive from e-mail. 

• Keith Gereghty
    edited August 2021 #20

Thank you Iztok, I will have to rethink my Zapier process. I do not use Gmail or Calendly so may be a way to work with what I have but very interesting ideas here guys. Thank you both for your input!

• Keith Gereghty
    edited August 2021 #21

Are there any RE Investors using Pipedrive or any of its apps from Marketplace in unexpected ways? 

How about any 3rd party software integrating via API or Zapier that is helping your business? 

I'm currently looking at Handwrytten for sending hand written looking cards (using my own sloppy hand writing) to potential clients, current clients, etc. Does anyone have any experience with this company? 

Looking for Tips and Hacks here.

• Alex Stueber
    edited August 2021 #22

I'm a commercial broker.  Looking to  to learn and share , so this could be a great thread!  

Has anyone found a way  using fields to calculate a result similar to what you may see in Excel? 

For example if I have deal fields (RENT & SF), could I get PD to calculate a new value in an empty field? 

Example $10.00 PSF (RENT). X 1,000 (SF) =  $10,000 

Hey Justin,

Unfortunately, Pipedrive doesn't do that on its own :(

The good news is that you can do that using another app to do that for you as @Keith Gereghty mention.

I have done for a client a scenario where we calculate the commission earned on a property sale based on the price of the deal and a custom field that you say the % of the commission.

I also export the result to a google sheet where the accountant can see the total amount for the won deals.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you wish to discuss anything.

Cheers,

Alex Stueber

www.blc-conseil.com

• Alex Stueber
    edited August 2021 #23

Thank you for the responses! I do not know anyone else using Pipedrive for RE Investing. Trying to get some insight into how ya'll have PD set up, Pipedrive funnel, Best Practices, 3rd party apps used, etc. Will add some of my info later when I am back in the office this evening.

One way to use Pipedrive for real estate is to set up the "company" as your product, the property you have for sale. 
    Like this, you can create multiple deals for different clients and use the same "property/company" for each deal.

Also, use different pipelines if you have processes that are not the same on your sales strategy/stages, for example, Pipeline for Rentals, Pipeline for Buyers.

By doing this you get a clear view of what's going on and what to do next.

Activity types are also very important too I reckon, coz you can filter the most important activities for you on your calendar, not letting you miss a thing.

@Baptiste has a great technique to prioritise the same activity type for example.

Let's say you have to send an email to a client that is waiting for something very important.

A simple way to prioritise is to use the " ! " exclamation mark in front of the subject;

Like, the subject of the activity is " Email Client "

" ! - Email client "
    " !! - Email Client "
    " !!! - Email Client "

Let's say that 3 " !!! " exclamation marks are very very important.

So when you filter your activities by "email" only, you now know which ones you need to prioritise.
    Activities with " ! " exclamation marks in front are more urgent to do than the ones without.

Hope I could help!
    Cheers,

Alex

• Keith Gereghty
    edited February 2022 #24

I know we can export Deal data into Excel, but I am looking to export the Organization name, Contact for the Deal and the Deal data into 1 consolidated Excel spreadsheet. Getting Notes into the spreadsheet would be a plus.

Is there anyway to do this currently?

• Alex Stueber
    edited August 2021 #25

I know we can export Deal data into Excel, but I am looking to export the Organization name, Contact for the Deal and the Deal data into 1 consolidated Excel spreadsheet. Getting Notes into the spreadsheet would be a plus.

Create a filter with the fields you want using the List view mode,

You can also put the columns in the order you want, so when you export the results you get them in excel the same way you see in your List view mode in Pipedrive!

Hope that helps
    Cheers.
    Alex

• Keith Gereghty
    edited August 2021 #26

I will give it a go and let you know the results. Thank you Alex!

• Keith Gereghty
    edited April 2022 #27

What are your most favored apps when using Pipedrive for real estate investing? 

Does anyone use API for any of your apps with Pipedrive? If so, who wrote the code to inject the data via API?

• Keith Gereghty
    edited October 2021 #28

I had a video conference with a Pipedrive customer success specialist on Monday. This was to go over any abilities in PD or issues I was having with PD. Great call and the rep was Stacey Clarke (highly recommended). You all my know how, but I did not know how to create a workflow automation to create a Task for a checklist. The checklist will populate automatically and add other checklists as the Deal moves through the sales funnel and certain fields are changed in the Deal within the stage. Stacey sent me a video of a basic "how-to" on the workflow checklist so I am placing it here for all to view. Pretty easy actually. If anyone else has any workflow automations created for us real estate investors, send them our way. Let me know if my dropbox link is not working, first time doing this in Community.