Comparing data over previous periods of time

Options
lucasmx
lucasmx Member Posts: 18
Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic First Anniversary

Hello,

While I used to enjoy more the previous report system, I'm adapting to the insights system.

But the missing compare to previous period feature is killing me. For me it's a basic sales analysis.

I would like to be able to add another axis to my charts to compare to previous periods (last 6 months or same period last year) so I can track my teams performance evolution.

I don't think that creating another chart or constantly changing the period of a chart is a professional and efficient way to do this.

Does the dev team have this in mind?

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Antoni_3526
    Antoni_3526 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2021 #2
    Options

I need it too!! 

• lucasmx
    edited November 2021 #3
    Options

PPD Team?

• Edwin Anthony aan de Wiel
    Edwin Anthony aan de Wiel Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited November 2021 #4
    Options

Pipedrive really needs to step up: all companies work with comparing sales over PY (Previous Year) so this is indeed a well needed feature.

• lucasmx
    edited December 2021 #5
    Options
  • Andrew Tanner
    Andrew Tanner Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #6
    Options

Yes this is most essential to show my boss how our sales team is improving... Please help! We need the ability to track data and show changes weekly, monthly, and yearly.

• Nanne Tolsma
    Nanne Tolsma Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #7
    Options

Also having this issue, unfortunately can't use the Pipedrive dashboard directly, and have to do my own (offline) analysis. Any help or tricks to circumvent this double work would be appreciated. 

• Tintintrading
    Tintintrading Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

This is basic analysis - really need this - I am actually looking to move out 20 salespeople subscription to Salesforce because of this….

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi there @Lucas Xavier_3197, I am converting this discussion into feedback so that our dev team can look into this possibility, and look into delivering a solution 📝

• Peter K. Sanner Ubirch
    Options

Absolutely agree - PD can be very powerfull, but these kind of features are making us strangling it, exporting it to excel and then pivot the hell out of it ... Please improve on this to get us head of sales into a productive working mode.

• Anna_Gogol
    Anna_Gogol Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Hey! How about just exporting the historical (monthly/quarterly/yearly) data elsewhere, for example to GSheets or Excel? In this case you will be able to compare different periods and analyze the dynamics. You may use any 3rd party data automation platforms to export the data to any reporting or BI tools for further analysis. For example, Coupler.io can be one of such platforms, since it can export the data to GSheets, Excel, BigQuery and Looker Studio.

• lucasmx
    Options

For everytime i need a simple period comparison chart i would have to export data, format data, and setup a chart? Nice solution you have, but this is not advanced BI or analytics, this is basics sales data, we should have it by default on Pipedrive

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

I would suggest considering Coupler or Flatly to build a data pipeline.

You can read more about building a data pipeline for Pipedrive in this article.