Want to create a customer facing portal and integrate with pipedrive. Has anyone already done it?

Benjamin Scott
Benjamin Scott Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

A customer facing portal that achieves what? Is it for the prospect to read or to write or both? Not sure what you are looking to accomplish by giving customers a direct connection to your sales pipeline database.

• jams
    jams Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2021 #3

I'm building one right now, but had to do it in tadabase.io. Pipedrive connects to Tadabase via API, and Tadabase has a customer portal. 

• Edie Mew
    Edie Mew Member Posts: 165
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi @Benjamin Scott  what sort of data are you looking to show the customer? If its to dow ith reporting & insights and showing a "dashboard" for clients to review - using the public link will work. Clients can only view but not change anything. If Pipedrive's reporting & insights arent the best solution, Plecto does the same. Plecto can also provide custom formulas for reporting on KPIs. 

• KurtJ
    KurtJ Member Posts: 45
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

I don't understand the use case. 

• jams
    jams Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2021 #6

I don't understand the use case. 

If you have a long sales cycle and/or collect a large amount of documentation during your sales process. Also if your sales process involves multiple parties that all need access to a centralized set of documents. 

For us, the customer logs in to their portal and can see the status of their transaction(s), lists of outstanding items, upload/download documents, and provide additional information as needed.

• Benjamin Scott
    edited July 2021 #7

A customer facing portal that achieves what? Is it for the prospect to read or to write or both? Not sure what you are looking to accomplish by giving customers a direct connection to your sales pipeline database.

I own a credit bureau. Customers want to order a report on their new client. They need to log into a portal, order from a list of reports we have and then submit. We, in turn, produce the report in seconds or days. We then upload the completed report in their portal for current and future revisions. 

• Benjamin Scott
    edited July 2021 #8
    Edie Mew said:

Hi @Benjamin Scott  what sort of data are you looking to show the customer? If its to dow ith reporting & insights and showing a "dashboard" for clients to review - using the public link will work. Clients can only view but not change anything. If Pipedrive's reporting & insights arent the best solution, Plecto does the same. Plecto can also provide custom formulas for reporting on KPIs. 

I own a credit bureau. Customers want to order a report on their new client. They need to log into a portal, order from a list of reports we have and then submit. We, in turn, produce the report in seconds or days. We then upload the completed report in their portal for current and future revisions. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2021 #9

Interesting, yeah, check out that tadabase.io. posted by James. looks interesting.

• christodoulos
    christodoulos Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

I've been searching for this. This feature would be a huge level up. All google searches lead away from pipedrive to another platform. Contracting, would be important for a client interface. Insurance, would be a very important interface. Mortgages would be very important. Even interior design has a huge use case. I have sales experience in above industries. Catering and events would be a huge level up.

Now I do building inspections for multiple insurance inspection companies that still have a tech stack from 1998. It would be great to be able to have that client add leads, and an interface to have them both add to issues like bad client numbers or simply see where the ticket is in the pipeline in a web interface. Also the client side should be quote unquote "white label", meaning client logs into website to collaborate with ticket checkpoints.

Pipedrive really works well for my needs I would say mostly due to the mobile app as I'm always on the go as an onsite inspector.

But now as I have a grasp on this industry, my intention is to build out an inspection company called underwritinglabs.com cause I see a need and a niche.(not a plug, just an idea, lol).

Pipedrive with its robust mobile app would be perfect for the backend inspector interface. But I need a front end client login to collaborate.

So far all roads lead to other crms or software so they can upload docs or participate in the process. Personally my final search is I have to build out an Airtable database, incorporate airtable then build that out to softr for the web front end, and then back again.

Hey @Benjamin Scott get at me. What was your final solution.

• @christodoulos I've built something in the past for a similar use-case (a simpler UI for lead and pipeline management). That was based on a Salesforce back-end rather than Pipedrive, but the principle is the same.

The big issue you'll face is authorization. You want each insurance inspection company to see only their own data - so you'll need ID management. You may even want user roles, managed by an admin within the insurance inspection company.

Airtable is great, but doesn't provide that level of sophistication. I used Knack (www.knack.com), synchronizing data with the CRM backend using Make (www.make.com).

Knack provides a UI to its own database backend, all in the cloud. Make is a graphical, no-code workflow automation solution that allows you to connect over 1,400 SaaS solutions (including Pipedrive and Knack) in simple (or complex) use-cases without coding.

Full disclosure - I work at Make now, though I didn't at the time I built that tool. Both Knack and Make are well worth checking out. And there's a rich ecosystem of consultants experienced in both who could build that for you if you don't want to build it yourself.

• You can try setting one up using a tool like Retool or Internal.

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

Good day,

I am replying 30-days after your post, and perhaps you have already moved on with a solution.

I happen to be a mortgage broker. I also run a Pipedrive consultancy company called PipedriveExperts.com.

Our team has built numerous data-collections forms (with no pre-populated data), portals (with lots of pre-populated data) and other types of tools for clients in mortgage, insurance and real-estate. We can built custom software, or help you to integrate your existing tools. We are Experts with Pipedrive (of course) and also with Make.com, Zapier, 365 & Google products, and much more.

I invite you to please contact me at your convenience.

Joseph Valenti

joe@pipedriveExperts.com

514-500-0411

Montreal, Canada

• Pipedrive is a great app but it really does need to create this functionality. A proper client portal is a real game changer and is needed for just about every service based business that wants to stay organized and keep their customers well informed while still saving time. I'm personally surprised that this is not more common across industries and I absolutely shocked that a hand full of people on this forum are actually asking what you need this for. Maybe this is the problem, too many business owners are lagging behind technology and still don't know it's full potential and how certain features are needed in modern businesses. Pipedrive please create a white label client portal! 😫

• FH Solutions
    FH Solutions Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic

Hey there,

I'm excited to share a project I've been working on that could be helpful for businesses using Pipedrive. Currently, it has some features that are visible on the website. https://pdcustomerportal.carrd.co/

I'm looking for feedback and ideas to take this project to the next level. Information about real problems that you are facing can direct me to the right point, and in the future, I hope that I can help you solve them.

• Frank Filippelli
    Frank Filippelli Member Posts: 88
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    edited January 30 #16

@FH Solutions I do graphic design, marketing, and animation, I want to work with you on this client portal project! My company is www.inagreat.com

• This looks very interesting, very cool. I signed up for your newsletter! Thanks for sharing.