Revenue Forecasting Advice

Options
Charles Davis
Charles Davis Member Posts: 4

Does anyone out there have experience using revenue forecasting reports within Pipedrive Insights?  Looking to use "Payment Schedule" to report revenue but only seeing option for filter by "Expected Close Date".  As a contractor, we don't get paid immediately upon signing a contract.  Jobs can take months to start and only then do we receive monthly progress payments.  Doesn't appear I can show this through Pipedrive revenue forecasting reports... am I wrong?

Tagged:

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Without any input about when you expect to receive payment pipedrive isn't going to know when you would be getting paid.  You would need to create a date field and enter an expected payment date I would suspect. 

• Charles Davis
    edited July 2021 #3
    Options

Without any input about when you expect to receive payment pipedrive isn't going to know when you would be getting paid.  You would need to create a date field and enter an expected payment date I would suspect. 

Payment dates have been entered.  But there's no "payment schedule" field when attempting to create a filter within forecasting reports.  The only filter option appears to be "Expected Close Date" which dumps the entire deal value into that month. 

• Stuart Major
    Stuart Major Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2022 #4
    Options

We work in the construction sector, and created a field Expected Completion Date as the date for final payment.

We kept Expected Close Date to keep the sales team happy and extend our sales pipeline out beyond Contract Signing through another couple of stages to Deal Complete. 

• Tom Howard_18151
    Tom Howard_18151 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2022 #5
    Options

I have used the subscription tools in PipeDrive to predict monthly rental rates (we rent pumps, etc...).  Same could be used for monthly progress payments.  You can set when payments were to start and end along with other one time payment needs.  See attached picture.  

• Rebecca Wallace
    Rebecca Wallace Member Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited January 2022 #6
    Options

I am also in the construction world- Following

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2021 #7
    Options

Ah, I see, we dont use the revenue feature. 

• Motii Team
    Motii Team Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #8
    Options

Hi Charles

Not sure if you still need a reply on this but I think I can help. If I've understood what you are trying to achieve, I think the issue is in the report you are selecting. You need to select the 'Subscription revenue' option when creating the report. I'm guessing you are selecting the 'Revenue forecast' option. That option only points at Deal Value, expected Close Date and Won Time as the key metrics. 

By selecting 'Subscription revenue' it allows you to pick up on either 'Recurring' or 'Payment Schedule' or 'One-Time' options in the report. Assuming you're using the Sidebar 'Revenue' feature as described from within Deal then you will be able to create a report that shows you booked income in the months ahead. This option means you can achieve what you want without the need for additional fields or stages in your pipeline. 

Let me know if you want more detail and I can make a video for you of how to do this. 

Regards

Ben 

• Charles Davis
    edited July 2021 #9
    Options

Hi Charles

Not sure if you still need a reply on this but I think I can help. If I've understood what you are trying to achieve, I think the issue is in the report you are selecting. You need to select the 'Subscription revenue' option when creating the report. I'm guessing you are selecting the 'Revenue forecast' option. That option only points at Deal Value, expected Close Date and Won Time as the key metrics. 

By selecting 'Subscription revenue' it allows you to pick up on either 'Recurring' or 'Payment Schedule' or 'One-Time' options in the report. Assuming you're using the Sidebar 'Revenue' feature as described from within Deal then you will be able to create a report that shows you booked income in the months ahead. This option means you can achieve what you want without the need for additional fields or stages in your pipeline. 

Let me know if you want more detail and I can make a video for you of how to do this. 

Regards

Ben 

Ben, thanks a million!  This appears to be the answer to my revenue forecasting question.  I can't believe I hadn't at least tried the 'subscription revenue' report earlier.  Really appreciate your help on this one!

• Motii Team
    Motii Team Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2021 #10
    Options

Hi Charles

Regards

Ben 

Happy to help. If you've got any other questions let me know. We are Pipedrive experts and work a lot with businesses in the building, construction and manufacturing industries. 

Ben 

• Collins
    Collins Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2023 #11
    Options

Adding an additional question here: is there a way to view the ”Subscription Revenue Forecast” report using a combination of won (100%) and open opportunities (weighted by stage) for payment schedules? In the subscription revenue forecast report, open opportunities with a payment schedule are using 100% weighting.

• Carlton191
    Carlton191 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi - I'm just resurfacing this thread as I'd also like to know if there is a way to see a probability-weighted scheduled payment revenue forecast. For ex. a contract is worth $12k and runs 1/1/24-12/31/24. At 100%(closed/won) probability, that would equate to $1k/mo. However, at a 50% probability, it would be reflected at $500/mo for the duration in a pipeline view.