Allow contact-based email template fields based on the main contact person on a Deal, and not just t

jakedeg
jakedeg Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited May 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I am making an email template and I need to be able to use the email address of the Deal's primary contact as a template field, even if that contact is not the recipient of the email. 

Currently, it provides a bunch of fields from the Contact object, but that seems to be based on whichever contact is in the "To" field of the email I'm writing, not based on the main contact for the Deal. It does provide a Deal field called "Contact Person" which seems to reliably get the name of the person I'm after, but not equivalent field for their email address.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hugo_5566
    Hugo_5566 Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2021 #2

Same issue here! So would love to hear some suggestions

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2021 #3

Hi @Jake DeGroot!
    Indeed, currently, the information is taken based on the contact email address in the TO field. However, I will share this as feedback with our team to see options for the future! 

• Richard Hayes
    Richard Hayes Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Kreete K Did ya'll ever develop a solution to this issue? I'm in a trial period right now and don't know all the ins and outs yet.

In short, we receive short one-off consultation jobs from an Outside Firm.

I already have automation set up for when the deal is won or lost to email the (consulted) Person with an appropriate response. Additionally, I have created custom fields in the deal with the Outside Firm referral individual's name and email address.

I would like to automatically email this Outside Firm as well to say that the consultation has been handled with some of the information from the Deal and Person.

When I go to create an email template, these custom Deal fields containing the Outside Firm information do not appear as an option.

Is there something I'm missing, or is there a better way to handle it?

Thank you in advance!