Support for meeting invitations in ICS format in Pipedrive mail?!

Options
Martin Sandén
Martin Sandén Member Posts: 25
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Photogenic

As web meetings are becoming more common in times like these, it is very annoying to not be able to see the date, time or be able to accept, decline in Pipedrive mail!

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

@Martin Sandén thanks for sharing on our community.

Could you please clarify a little more. So someone is inviting you for a meeting via email/calendar and you'd like to accept this but you can't? Can you please clarify the steps that are happening now and where it's not doing what you want it to do? Include some screenshots to clarify if possible please :) 

• Martin Sandén
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

If you get an invitation by Skype/Teams you cant see date time or able to accept or decline if you work in Pipedrive mail. This information is in the ICS attachment.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4
    Options

If you get an invitation by Skype/Teams you cant see date time or able to accept or decline if you work in Pipedrive mail. This information is in the ICS attachment.

Thanks for sharing I'll pass this suggestion on to the team. Could there be another solution though? Is it possible to adjust the email template Skype/Teams sends out to include the date and time written in text inside the message you receive? That might be a quicker solution.

• Martin Sandén
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

It is not sent from us. I cant ask customers/suppliers to adjust this.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #6
    Options

It is not sent from us. I cant ask customers/suppliers to adjust this.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying, I've passed it along as a suggestion to the team.

• Murilo de Souza
    Murilo de Souza Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021 #7
    Options

@Martin Sandén thanks for sharing on our community.

Could you please clarify a little more. So someone is inviting you for a meeting via email/calendar and you'd like to accept this but you can't? Can you please clarify the steps that are happening now and where it's not doing what you want it to do? Include some screenshots to clarify if possible please :) 

Do you have a Pipedrive test account? If you let me know the email you're receiving on your Pipedrive account and I can send you this kind of invitation from Outlook if it should help.

I´m getting the same problem, just the Sales team uses their emails on Pipedrive and the rest of the team uses Outlook to share meetings invitation. When you receive this kind of email (With an ICS file), Outlook automatically reads it as an invitation giving you a buttom to accept or decline the meeting and if you accept it books the commitment right on your calendary.

Can you give me some email adress to make this test with you?

It would be really easier if Pipedrive turns to read this kind of file and get us the same funcionality as Outlook give us!

Thanks

• Michael Ridler
    Michael Ridler Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #8
    Options

Pretty disappointed to see this 2 year old post without any positive results. Same issue. When we are sent a teams/google calendar/etc invite it shows up as an ICS and we are not able to read it or add to our calendar. 

I have a lot of questions on why 2 years later this is not fixed. @Martin Sandén said it best. Telling us to ask our partners to not use a standard method of doing calendar invites is not a solution. For the cost of pipedrive it should be able to allow calendar invites properly. 

• Bas Kremer Hovinga
    Bas Kremer Hovinga Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #9
    Options

+1 to fix/support this, should at least be able to see when the meeting is, now I need to forward these emails to another email inbox

• Jaques Mayor
    Jaques Mayor Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #10
    Options

I totaly agree !
    Even if we cannot directly accept an invitation, we need at least to be able to manualy import ICS files.
    I don't get the point of why it is not already done.

• ianthetechie
    ianthetechie Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited November 2022 #11
    Options

EDIT: I just realized this thread is about importing iCal events, which is more understandable but still surprising for the price... not even sending them though... that's real rough.

I just scheduled my first Zoom with a customer through Pipedrive and I'm also shocked that this is not included in the email. This is embarrasingly bad. I can half accept the fact that PipeDrive can't do CalDAV sync to integrate with the entire rest of the world outside Google and Microsoft. I'm in disbelief that the event I just created sent an email with nothing but text instructions to both of us. And to make things even weirder, the app can't even manually export events in any format. This is not hard to implement (in all seriousness, hit me up; I'm an iOS developer; it's super easy to add events directly to a user's calendar one-off).

• Laura (Revoluciona tu pyme)
    Options

How is this going? I also think that this feature is very important to avoid having to go out to Gmail/Outlook in order to see and accept or decline the invitations.

• Arturs I.
    Arturs I. Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Still no solution to this? Very disappointed!

• AustinRealtor
    AustinRealtor Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Any update? My renewal is a month away and I’m trying to decide if I keep Pipedrive or use the various Apple apps to replace it. I’m in Central Texas where Apple devices are very common among business people.