UTM - leadsource tracking for webforms.

Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
Jörgen Sjöstrand_231 Member Posts: 79
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
edited February 28 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

It would be great if we could track what campaign it came from. But today the Pipedrive forms don't support it and it's in iframe so it cant be tracked from external systems. It's so important to know what campaigns deliver sales leads.

10 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Matt Ellis_4188
    Matt Ellis_4188 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2

So we can accurately assess what campaign / source the lead came from. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited June 2023 #3

@Matt Ellis that's a cool idea 🚀 I'll pass it on to the team working on web forms. I don't think we're working on something like this currently, but who knows in the future!

• Jon Matthews
    Jon Matthews Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 2023 #4

This.  I'm trialing the web visitors feature right now, but it's really not that useful because it doesn't read UTM values. We send out emails, the recipient clicks a link in the email which has their e-mail address in it as a parameter, so our website can use that to identify who the visitor is.  Anonymous company data about who is visiting your site is a lot less useful than know exactly which person at the company you emailed is viewing your site.   I think you guys are halfway there.  You get to where I can see the UTM parameters for any visitor that has them matched with any data enrichment you do, then please take my money. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2023 #5

This.  I'm trialing the web visitors feature right now, but it's really not that useful because it doesn't read UTM values. We send out emails, the recipient clicks a link in the email which has their e-mail address in it as a parameter, so our website can use that to identify who the visitor is.  Anonymous company data about who is visiting your site is a lot less useful than know exactly which person at the company you emailed is viewing your site.   I think you guys are halfway there.  You get to where I can see the UTM parameters for any visitor that has them matched with any data enrichment you do, then please take my money. 

Thanks for the feedback @Jon Matthews passing it on to the team, hopefully we can work on that in the future!

• Daniel_15284
    Daniel_15284 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #6

What also would be nice if you can somehow access these arguments when you're presenting a user with a redirect url or thanks-message. That would DRY up my forms a lot.

• Matt Zakaras
    Matt Zakaras Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #7

Are there any developments in adding custom forms or automatic GCLID UTM capture on webforms?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2023 #8

Hi @Matt Zakaras this is currently not in the plans unfortunately. I'll pass on the suggestion to our team though!

• Robert Jakobson_10191
    Robert Jakobson_10191 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #9

@Matt Ellis that's a cool idea 🚀 I'll pass it on to the team working on web forms. I don't think we're working on something like this currently, but who knows in the future!

Unfortunately, this is not a "cool idea" but a requirement. Sorry, just the way it is. Product management failure here.

• Tiago Franco
    Tiago Franco Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #10

The forms are via iFrame. This will be hard to implement without a bit of nasty javascript code.

• Darek Młodnicki
    Darek Młodnicki Member Posts: 9
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2023 #11

So you can't identify anything about where the submitted form came from at all? As someone above mentioned, messing around with nasty JS code to modify the content of an iframe is most definitely not the way to go. 

• Darek Młodnicki
    Darek Młodnicki Member Posts: 9
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2023 #12

I will have to second Robert that this is crucial. For serious use cases you can't just have a web form and not be able to identify anything about it on your end, nor tell where it came from, nor send any info over. 

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Jörgen Sjöstrand_231 Member Posts: 79
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2023 #13

Yes not being able to read into Pipedrive where you leads came from is a serious drawback. 

• Nick Amiradaki
    Nick Amiradaki Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2023 #14

As a temp solution, would it be possible to add fields that can be hidden in the webform, that way we can pre-populate the fields and map the utm parameters to custom pipedrive fields on submit.  Then create multiple webforms based on each campaign, for example a 3 part email series, would have a different url for each for the CTA.

I know it's not ideal,  but even having the hidden field option is pretty standard.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,518
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021 #15

@Jörgen Sjöstrand - If you're open to trying out a new platform, you can do this using Typeform, which allows you to read UTM parameters and pass them as part of forms submission.

• Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #16

Agreed, UTM tracking is critical for understanding where leads come from and which channels convert best.

And if I may add a related plug, Outfunnel App connector allows syncing new web form submissions to Pipedrive from Elementor, Contact Form 7, Wix Forms and Mailchimp Forms - and we auto-create source/medium field in Pipedrive to simplify lead source tracking. 

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2021 #17

Agreed, UTM tracking is critical for understanding where leads come from and which channels convert best.

And if I may add a related plug, Outfunnel App connector allows syncing new web form submissions to Pipedrive from Elementor, Contact Form 7, Wix Forms and Mailchimp Forms - and we auto-create source/medium field in Pipedrive to simplify lead source tracking. 

+1 For the Outfunnel solution! 

• Grzegorz Aksamit
    Grzegorz Aksamit Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #18

This thread is year old. Is there any reliable solution for tracking campaign source (UTMs) already?

• Jussi Kuparinen
    Jussi Kuparinen Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #19

+1 to this. Hopefully this gets implemented soon.

• Ryan Robbie
    Ryan Robbie Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #20

I believe you can do this if you use forms (on non-pipedrive) external platforms which then link to pipedrive through webhooks.

• Dmitriy Sidorenko
    Dmitriy Sidorenko Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #21

Web Forms is absolutely useless feature without UTM capturing

• L'équipe Account
    L'équipe Account Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #22

Hello, 

Do you know it t's possible to collect google ads conversion when a pipedrive webform embed on a website is completed?

Thank you!

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited June 2023 #23

With pipedrive form, you won't be able to do this because you cant collect UTM through it.

But you can set this up using jotform, gravity forms, etc [most other popular form providers] 

• daniel
    daniel Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #24

It is 2 years and this key feature is still missing. There is no value in having web-to-lead forms, when you cannot track the utm parameters.

I found out with salesforce it is easily possible to atm custom fields to the form so that you can have utm tracking so we have to switch to that.

• Derek A Ciocca
    Derek A Ciocca Member Posts: 2

This is huge and a big miss in the pipedrive platform especially when competitors like hubspot have this included with their forms at a massively detailed level. We have been using callrail form tracking to bridge the gap of source tracking.

• Solal
    Solal Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #26

Hi. Is there any update on this? It is such a crucial feature.

• Shaheen Samavati
    Shaheen Samavati Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2023 #27

Please please add this! It's 2023 and people have been asking for this for years. We use an external form tool (there are tons of them that all have this feature), and then connect with Zapier to Pipedrive, but the Zap breaks every so often and we have to fix it and lose valuable data in between. It would be so much easier if there was just some way to track UTM data in a Pipedrive form. Short of that - is there any recommended external form tool that has a good integration with Pipedrive? We have tried Gravity forms and Jot forms and , as I mentioned, have had issues with the integration via Zapier breaking.

• Jon Matthews
    Jon Matthews Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I see a lot of people commenting that they want this functionality, but only 5 up votes on the feature request. You guys should really hit that "up vote" button at the top by the original post.

• Derek A Ciocca
    Derek A Ciocca Member Posts: 2

A solution I have used to get around this is implementing extra tracking from something like CallRail which will capture all of the UTM, Campaign source etc. Only issue is then you have to zap that into pipedrive rather than the convenience of native pipedrive forms. Not ideal, but I've built this and made it work quite well for a lot of clients.

• Dima Sydorenko
    Dima Sydorenko Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

I think many just moved to a different solution (as we did) instead of upvoting and waiting for this absolutely obvious feature.