CalDAV & CarDAV sync

Options
Alexandre Brianceau
Alexandre Brianceau Member Posts: 9
edited June 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi there,

We are very happy with Pipedrive, but our mail and contact directory is not Google. We use Fastmail, with services based on CalDAV and CarDAV protocols.

Does CalDAV and CarDAV procotol support is in the roadmap? Or do I need to continue to use external tools such as Harmonizely for scheduling meetings with my customers?

Tagged:
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Irina Iglesias
    Irina Iglesias Pipedrive Team Posts: 32 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited September 2021 #2
    Options

Hello Alexandre, 

CalDav & CardDav both work as remote servers and typically work with custom providers, which we don’t support.

Currently, this is not on our roadmap but I would like to thank you for writing here and  I will make sure to pass this feedback to our team. Perhaps, this is something that can be improved in the future. 

Thank you. 

• lemone3
    lemone3 Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi Alexandre and Irina,

We have exactly the same request as you. We don't use tools like Google and Microsoft (and don't trust them with all of our data).

The CalDAV protocol is the factory standard to allow tools to integrate with the calendar software. We're using it with success on a number of different applications.

Looking forward to CalDAV support to really allow your users to use the tools of their choosing and not focus on bigtech only.

Thanks!

• ianthetechie
    ianthetechie Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I'd like to upvote this as well. We are evaluating Pipedrive right now and unfortunately we also cannot sync our calendars. To echo what has already been said, CalDAV is the industry standard for calendar sync and it applies to others besides FastMail. It would be great to have this.

• Justin Gregg
    Justin Gregg Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

If you support CalDAV you would also support all the "others" like Google and M$. Please add CalDAV support.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi everyone, this is not in the plans for the very near future. Though I'm happy to convert your question into a feedback post so it is visible by our developers. Be sure to upvote it if you agree, the most popular requests are more likely to become real features :)

• lemone3
    Options

@Manuel Oliveira Why? Could you name one good reason not to implement this and make Pipedrive a more versatile and open product?

• ianthetechie
    ianthetechie Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Upvoted. Put simply, PipeDrive calendar is essentially useless without this. I wall never be able to use your scheduling features without manually entering time blocks. I still can't understand why this isn't a feature; it's basically table stakes in any scheduling product.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @lemone3, it is not up to me to say I'm afraid. You make a good point which I'm bringing to our product teams, though there are many factors that go into a decision of which requests go on to become a feature. I will look into getting a team member to chime in and share more info on this if possible.

• lemone3
    Options

@ianthetechie I couldn't agree more.

• Hugo
    Hugo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I definitely agree. Calendar and contact integration is essential. This will definitely weigh in our decision to keep using Pipedrive after the trial period.

And if you won't support the caldav/carddav servers, at least make a caldav/carddav server on Pipedrive so we can see the contacts and activities in clients like Thunderbird.

We use Nextcloud, which isn't a small player.

• Brewer
    Brewer Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I am new to Pipedrive and just saw this. This may change our mind. Has anyone been able to use fastmail, which is a much secure system?