Subscription interval not flexible enough

Options
MV
MV Member Posts: 9
5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

We're currently evaluating pipedrive and mapping our workflows to the platform. Our current subscription pricing has either 12 or 36 month contracts. However, I see only a "Yearly" option here:

The user needs more control here. Maybe tomorrow we'll also offer a 2-year plan. Can you make the input more flexible, e.g., provide a field where users provide a custom cycle length. I envision an input where you (1) put in a number and (2) choose a unit (day/month/year).

Not being able to perform proper revenue estimation would be a dealbreaker for us.

612206b12df57e35b4232ac5_93305.png

Comments

• Edie Mew
    Edie Mew Member Posts: 169
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Matthias Vallentin  Looking at your question, I want to understand it correctly. So far I've understood that the subscription feature on Pipedrive only offers the above frequencies. From your question, you state you offer monthly contracts or possibly a 2-year plan. 

To answer the initial query - would duplicating the Deal and adding the second year be an option? When you duplicate a Deal, you can link it back to the original with a simple custom field and Automation. 

For monthly, could you enter the number of payments equal to number of months on the plan? 36 month contract, 36 individual payments? 

I hope I have understood correctly and helped answer any queries. 

• MV
    edited August 2021 #3
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

Hi @Matthias Vallentin  Looking at your question, I want to understand it correctly. So far I've understood that the subscription feature on Pipedrive only offers the above frequencies. From your question, you state you offer monthly contracts or possibly a 2-year plan. 

To answer the initial query - would duplicating the Deal and adding the second year be an option? When you duplicate a Deal, you can link it back to the original with a simple custom field and Automation. 

For monthly, could you enter the number of payments equal to number of months on the plan? 36 month contract, 36 individual payments? 

Hi Edie, I never said "monthly" but 12-month or 36-month contract, i.e., "yearly" or "3-yearly".

Duplicating the deal sounds like a hack to address the deficiency in the platform. I don't understand why the cycle length needs to be such a small set of choices.

• Harri Honkala
    Harri Honkala Member Posts: 37
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 2021 #4
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

Here the ”yearly” is interval, not the contract lenght. If you choose the ”yearlty” and input ”number of payments = 3” then that’s 3-year plan. 

• MV
    edited August 2021 #5
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

@Harri Honkala I'm not following, sorry. If I hit "yearly" and check the box infinite subscriptions, there is no cycle length to choose, as the field is greyed out. Even if I don't check the box (which seems odd by default, because it's a subscription that is cancelled by a customer), and I add "3" to number of payments, I get one payment a year. This is not the same as one payment every 3 years.

• Harri Honkala
    edited August 2021 #6
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

Yeah, you would get one payment every year with that so I misunderstood your question. How about using the "Payment schedule" feature instead. It'll require more manual work but I think that closer what you want to achieve. 

• MV
    edited August 2021 #7
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

I see, so you can work around this by creating N payments in a schedule with arbitrary dates, to develop a cash flow planning, e.g., doing this:

While this is better than nothing, and maybe gives you a correct estimate for future cash flow, it's (1) cumbersome, (2) error-prone, and (3) and simply wrong, because the interval is displayed as "monthly" even though the payments are  3 years apart, per the above screenshot! How should my co-workers not get confused seeing this?

To me, this looks like a UX issue that needs to get fixed in the product.

• Harri Honkala
    edited August 2021 #8
    Options
    Edie Mew said:

I totally agree with all the points! Hopefully Pipedrive will fix this and give us more control over the subscription settings.