Leads and its usage

Options
Tim Claus
Tim Claus Member Posts: 15
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, 

I am new to Pipedrive, just migrating from salesforce. So, things are a little bit different here and there, and that's ok. BUT when it comes to leads in Pipedrive, I am lost. Maybe there is one of you who can light it up for me...

In salesforce, a "LEAD" is the same as a "CONTACT" except for less information. So, a Salesforce-lead represents a person you haven't done any business with yet. You can than convert a lead into a contact (or even automatically create a new organization and the corresponding contact). I did not use this much for my business, but I got the idea...

in Pipedrive, if you create a lead you enter data as if this was a person (see salesforce) but you converted it into a deal. It makes no sense to me at all and I can't get my head around it... If a Pipedrive-lead is meant to be a "likely to happen deal in the future" than I need to see this as an early stage of a deal but not a contact (person)! If it's meant to be a "likely contact to do business with in the future" than I need to convert a deal into a contact after validation/phone calls/meeting etc.

An example of my world: I hear about a person who might be willing to buy my product. He is a lead to me. If we get along, I might create a deal assigned to his contact. Or if I hear about a project that is going to happen and my products might fit, this LEAD could lead (sorry ;)) to a deal. So I would create a lead that refers to a project, assigned to a contact.

What am I missing? Why is Pipedrive blending contacts into deals ? I am lost...

Tagged:

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited August 2021 #2
    Options

1- Pipedrive Lead = Salesforce Lead

2- Pipedrive Deal [With an Organization/Contact Attached to it] = Salesforce Opportunity [With an Account/Contact Attached to the Opportunity]

3- Pipedrive Organization = Salesforce Account [can be attached to a deal]

4- Pipedrive Contact = Salesforce Contact [can be attached to a deal and organization]

Hope this helps

• Tim Claus
    edited August 2021 #3
    Options

2- Pipedrive Deal [With an Organization/Contact Attached to it] = Salesforce Opportunity [With an Account/Contact Attached to the Opportunity]

4- Pipedrive Contact = Salesforce Contact [can be attached to a deal and organization]

Hope this helps

Thanks Boris,   but it doesn't ! ;)

I wanna know why a pipedrive lead is some sort of a contact (data of a person) that magically turns into a deal (data of a deal/business/...). 

• Tim Claus
    edited August 2021 #4
    Options

Hope this helps

Thanks Boris, but it doesn't help ;)

I wanna know why pipedrive treats leads like contacts/people and then magically turns it into a deal/business/project. 

• Tim Claus
    edited August 2021 #5
    Options

Hope this helps

I wanna know why pipedrive treats leads like contacts/people and then magically turns it into a deal/business/project. 

• Tim Claus
    edited August 2021 #6
    Options

Hope this helps

• Tim Claus
    edited August 2021 #7
    Options

Hope this helps

• Tim Claus
    edited August 2021 #8
    Options

Hope this helps