Best practice advice for Leads or Contacts

Options
Dr. Karsten Busch
Dr. Karsten Busch Member Posts: 11
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

Hi Folks. I am new here. A search wasn't successful. My question: what is the best practice for the following case? I have an incoming email because I have cold-emailed her. No contact, no company, no lead, no deal.

The contact replied with a neutral answer like "I am not interested at the moment". I decide that I will reply to her friendly and that I will contact her in 6 months again.

Now my question. What is the best practice in PipeDrive? Shall I create a new contact or a new lead? What is the difference in this case? In both ways, I can create a new activity in 6 months ahead. What is the best way in respect of a clear and clean database? I am not measured by number of leads or contacts.... :-)

Thanks for your advice. Cheers. Karsten

Comments

• Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2021 #2
    Options

Using leads makes a lot of sense if one team works on generating leads (eg. marketing or SDRs) and another team works on nurturing/closing. Helps to keep data clean for both (separate databases) and measurement.

If you're working by yourself and there's no particular need to separate your contacts I see no reason for using Leads. Open to other opinions though.

• Dr. Karsten Busch
    edited August 2021 #3
    Options

Using leads makes a lot of sense if one team works on generating leads (eg. marketing or SDRs) and another team works on nurturing/closing. Helps to keep data clean for both (separate databases) and measurement.

If you're working by yourself and there's no particular need to separate your contacts I see no reason for using Leads. Open to other opinions though.

Hi Andrus,

thx. for your reply. My team is growing, but right now I am on my own. Do you mean that the benefit lies in transforming a lead into a deal (one team working on generating leads, the other on nurturing/closing)?

Cheers, Karsten

• Dr. Karsten Busch
    edited August 2021 #4
    Options

Hi. Thx for your reply. I answered already last week but didn't send it.