Watch the recording of the Oceania webinar edition of "Sales and Marketing Amid the COVID-19 Pandemi

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

22nd of April

https://pipedrive.hubs.vidyard.com/watch/knEkqxXLSVH62fRXsnnYq4?

Thank you everyone for attending yesterdays Oceania webinar edition of:
Sales and Marketing Expert Voices - Sales and Marketing Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic

Thank you Adam Jaffrey, @Paul Minors and @Dan Murphy for sharing your thoughts knowledge with the rest of us.

Let's keep this discussion going inside our community. Any questions, comments and/or feedback is welcome 🚀Some of the questions added during the webinar are added in the thread here.

Comments

• Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 88
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #2

Had a great time chatting and engaging with the community! 😀

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2022 #3

By: @Anita Jhunjhunwala 

How much time do you think travel industry will take to bounce back?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2022 #4

By Katie:

As an events company, we have added "coronavirus" as a new pipedrive lost reason. We are marking the deals as lost, not the clients. Unfortunately all our events have either cancelled or postponed for a year.

@Lyzee Manitta answered:

Us too Katie.

@Sue Bahn answered:

But why mark as lost - could they not be revisited later? We simply kept the check in activities rolling - offering support and tips while we keep the lead warm.

Darren answered:

We added a new stage "re-engage post covid" lots just on hold, not lost.

Scott answered:

We will double back on ours too. Events and tourism smashed here. They will take longer to bounce back because they often rely on larger crowds.

I think it is possibly three-fold: 

1. Local group will come back first - 6 months or when we are out of stage 2. Bucks parties, hens parties, birthdays, corporate. 

2. Domestic tourism - Will come back around the same time. But I am not sure "tours" will here, unless they are private. 

3. Inbound - could take 18-24 months.

I don't know if people will be hopping on flights now from Melbourne to say Sydney so often.

@Mike Mindstrong answered:

Globally, other airlines have introduced an unlimited flying model. Qantas could do this using Basslink subsidies to fund it.

Scott answered:

It will be interesting with international flight. I think those that are flying for a family or strong business reason will come back first, but it might take a while for proper holiday makers.

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2022 #5

By @Willdan Zabir :

So what should I do, guys, to keep selling my product when I can't meet my customer ?

Mark answered:

I am in the finance broking industry and was quite buoyed by the upbeat feelings after I took 2 days out and called all of my clients. 

I offered to help them with any finance questions including their friends or family, even of they weren't clients of mine.

I simply ask "How are you coping" and they take the conversation to their pain points.

Andy answered:

Shift the narrative to align what you do with immediate need.

@Sue Bahn  answered:

Develop your product to align with the recovery phase. 

Offer free resources where you can - marketing pieces for example with helpful tips. We're finding a massive uptake in consumption of our free blog that covers twice weekly posts on tips for business.

Always present online and do virtual. Haven't done face to face for years.

Scott answered:

We have seen some virtual tours in tourism, but they aren't really making money. I think that is perhaps a good marketing strategy, maybe as @Sue Bahn  said, "giving something free". Long term though this will be interesting.

Felicity answered:

Clients will appreciate so much more if you just check-in with them and not just try and sell them a product/service. 

@Michael Grafman answered:

Gents, one of the strategies I got from you tonight was to be open to new strategies and I wrote down several! Thank you.

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2022 #6

By Scott:

Do you have to be a bit more careful, especially now, with push?

Mark answered:

I think you need to identify the risk grade, aversion or acceptance your "sale" falls into?

Darren answered:

Look to essential services, transport, construction, IT, health etc ... spread your best industry wise.

Scott answered:

When, do we start to panic, and move industries. We can definitely pivot within our current business/product. Smaller tours, more private touring, perhaps some cheaper tours if we can swing it. But really, we are a tourism company. So it is very hard to pivot elsewhere.

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2022 #7

By Val:

Can pipedrive discounts to monthly subscription due to covid effect in our business?

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #8

By Val:

Can pipedrive discounts to monthly subscription due to covid effect in our business?

I would recommend reaching out to our amazing Support team to discuss what options there are.

We have also put together a repository of tips to help businesses with the current specific challenges: COVID-19 sales resources. 💪