Double Entry of Information -Frurstrating

3C-OTEM
3C-OTEM Member Posts: 9
Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment

Anyone else frustrated with double entry of information from the  deal module to the contact module to the organization module? Is there a work around that can be shared?  Why in the world would one have to enter the same address 3 different times?  HELP..please.

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Yannik Sommer
    Yannik Sommer Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi Curtis, 

Why would you want to to double entry an address? 

Once you entered the Address in e.g. the organization - you will see it in the detail field of deal and contact - given that they are linked to each other. 

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited September 2021 #3

You can use pipedrive automations to copy it from one to the other 

• KurtJ
    KurtJ Member Posts: 45
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2021 #4

What specific information?

• 3C-OTEM
    3C-OTEM Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2021 #5

Hi Curtis, 

Once you entered the Address in e.g. the organization - you will see it in the detail field of deal and contact - given that they are linked to each other. 

Thanks Yannick, makes sense but I don’t see that when creating a new record. Once it’s been created I see it but not as I’m creating. 

• Yannik Sommer
    Yannik Sommer Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited September 2021 #6

Hi Curtis, 

Not sure if I fully understand the issue. 

Could you perhaps share a screenshot here on where you enter the double information during the creation process?

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited September 2021 #7

Hey @Curtis Crawford ,

Indeed, I can imagine how that can be very time-consuming. Like Yannik mentioned, you will be able to see the details of the items linked to one another on their detail page.  

I would also like to add that you can choose the fields that appear on the window to add a new record. This means that if you want the organization address to appear as a field to fill in when you are adding a person or a deal, you can do that from the Data Fields preferences page by going to "Organisation", finding the "Address" field, clicking on it and choosing "Appears in ‘Add lead’ and ‘Add deal’ views" or/and "Appears in ‘Add person’ view". There's a Knowledge base article about it here.

I hope this helps!
    Andreia