Automation: Linking of newly created Deal + Person + Organisation

Florian Bogdan
Florian Bogdan Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi, 

Is it possible with the pipedrive automation to link together a newly created Deal + Person + Organisation? 

So far I have not figured that one out. I look up the existance of the Deal + Person + Organisation via Zapier, and if they don't exist I created them, BUT I cannot link them together and Pipedrive does not seem to be so clever to do that automatically for me :)  

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2

Create the deal. As part of the deal creation process, there are options to lookup / create new person & organization

• Joshua Hindman
    Joshua Hindman Member Posts: 35
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic Solution Provider
    edited September 2021 #3

Hey Florian,

You have to do this in a specific order in Zapier. First, find or create the organization, then the person, then the deal.

In each step, you'll need to us the previous step's ID in order to connect them.

For example, Organization ID needs to be applied in the Organization field when creating the person record, and then both the Org and Person ID can be used when creating the Deal. This will connect all 3!

• Florian Bogdan
    Florian Bogdan Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021 #4

Create the deal. As part of the deal creation process, there are options to lookup / create new person & organization

So you think there is pipedrive automation I can create to automatically link the Deal + Person + Organisation I created (more or less at the same time) via Zapier?