What is the best way to deal with people that switched companies and you want to preserve the all in

Options
Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I am currently dealing with the situation what to do with contacts in pipedrive, that are not relevant or that are working in another company right now. My key demands are:
- keep the communication from the previous company (ideally in the same contact's detail page)
- keep the information that the person was working in that company (so we can reach it in the future if he does not know some contacts there)
- avoiding sending group emails on the previous email address (which I have to keep unfortunately so the communication will pair) - this might be done in more elegant way?

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Martin Pecha potentially there's some other solutions from the members of this group but if you just keep the old email address on the contact and add the new one then you should be good when it comes to emails. Just make sure the new email address is the primary one so that the group email takes that.

When it comes to keeping the old information this can perhaps be done in a pinned note or a custom field?

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited April 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Martin Pecha potentially there's some other solutions from the members of this group but if you just keep the old email address on the contact and add the new one then you should be good when it comes to emails. Just make sure the new email address is the primary one so that the group email takes that.

When it comes to keeping the old information this can perhaps be done in a pinned note or a custom field?

thanks - how the pipedrive recognise which one is primary? I have noticed this also while importing the data, that the pipedrive is matching the emails with the primary one - are the primary under the field email work? so the other ones should be kept in field other?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #4
    Options

It should be the top one in your field.

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited April 2020 #5
    Options

I checked it today - what if email (other) is on the top and email (work) is under - which one is the primary one?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #6
    Options

@Martin Pecha it should be the top one. Also in my test now I had the other email on the top and work email as second and it grabbed the top one