🎊 Welcome, new Campaigns testers! Ask us questions.

Comments

• Mattia Magugliani
    Mattia Magugliani Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #2

Hi

I just saw the feature on my Pipedrive.

Tomorrow I study and I try to launch my first campaign.

Then I leave you a comment

for now thanks

See you soon

Mattia

• Scott Burgmeyer
    Scott Burgmeyer Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #3

Excellent, we did our first campaign to just our company to try it out.  All the messages went into the junk folder.  What methods do we need to do to ensure that doesn't happen and the email addresses we use don't get black listed?

• Evan Westerlund
    Evan Westerlund Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2022 #4

Hello Ines,

Thank you. Just getting set-up. Looking forward to test-phase. Thanks to you and the Pipedrive staff for all the support and development of new tools you provide! I've been a fan for years, since early inception, and now look forward to actually using Pipedrive with more intention.

Perhaps one question that is rather open :

As we have not done email marketing before (luxury problem, really not having needed to at all...as we are a 100% referral business where one set of results in a project has lead to another for 16 years), we don't actually have a mailing list other than a contacvt list whom we've had communicatio with for years. We would like to do an initial reach out to our long term clients (legitimate interest & already established contacts/communication through our negotiation programs) for opt-in/out for future mails from the platform. We do this because we are introducing new ways of accessing negotiation training virtually with us. 

Now to my question: Would you propose a regular promotional newsletter type of approach with an introduction to our new accessibility, some featured program links & other content... OR ... would you propose a more formally struct message saying 'we've known you & had regular contact for many years...and we are officially asking you to opt-in' type of message?? Or a hybrid of the two with formal opt-in / opt-out buttons? 

I am in no rush...and would like to make the first one count. Again these are all people we know personally and have had in our programs, either as participants or as sponsors/decision makers implementing tailored programs with us. 

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have...

Kind Regards,

Evan

• Marina Roesler
    Marina Roesler Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #5

Hi Ines:

Thanks for the invite to beta test this feature. We use Pipedrive in our art gallery business and love it. For campaigns we use Mailchimp today but are very interested in this new Pipedrive feature  as a  campaign platform integrated with Pipedrive could potentially be a lot more user friendly and less burdensome operationally. I would like our lead in the marketing communications dept to do the testing but we ran out of seats in our current plan. Can you provision a test account for her?  

Regards,

Marina

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2022 #6

Hi Ines:

Thanks for the invite to beta test this feature. We use Pipedrive in our art gallery business and love it. For campaigns we use Mailchimp today but are very interested in this new Pipedrive feature  as a  campaign platform integrated with Pipedrive could potentially be a lot more user friendly and less burdensome operationally. I would like our lead in the marketing communications dept to do the testing but we ran out of seats in our current plan. Can you provision a test account for her?  

Regards,

Marina

Hi @Marina Roesler, great to have you with us!

I always love to hear about "unexpected" businesses using our tool, very cool to hear about your art gallery.

Our goal with Campaigns is exactly that: to make the whole process smoother and hassle-free.

I'm afraid I can't add more seats to your company account but If I were you I'd check if you don't have at least one seat in the account that's not being used (for example, someone who didn't accept the invite to join). That way you can cancel the invite to that person and invite your marketing comms lead instead ;)

If you need more help about this please reach out to our Support team, who are able to do all the necessary troubleshooting. 

• Layci Skog
    Layci Skog Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2022 #7

Is there a way to send a follow up campaign to those that didn't read the first send? Mailchimp has that feature and it is one of marketing go-to's. 

• Admin_1676
    Admin_1676 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2022 #8

Excellent, we did our first campaign to just our company to try it out.  All the messages went into the junk folder.  What methods do we need to do to ensure that doesn't happen and the email addresses we use don't get black listed?

I am also finding they all go to junk. Hoping to improve the deliverability!

• Admin_1676
    Admin_1676 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2022 #9

Is there a domain authentication feature or any method of improving deliverability so it does not go to junk? Hoping to use this ASAP

• Janis Rozenblats
    Janis Rozenblats Posts: 169 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #10
    Admin said:

Is there a domain authentication feature or any method of improving deliverability so it does not go to junk? Hoping to use this ASAP

Hi @Admin . Thanks for dropping the question here. Domain authentication is not yet available, but will in the next few months. It's on our priority feature list. There are many factors to successful email delivery and while authenticating is one way to try and improve it the email content plays a key role here. 

• Janis Rozenblats
    edited March 2022 #11

Is there a way to send a follow up campaign to those that didn't read the first send? Mailchimp has that feature and it is one of marketing go-to's. 

@Layci Skog thanks for bringing this up here as well. Not yet possible, we are working to improve the filtering functionality to allow users to filter out specific recipients based on engagement that will help to solve this particular use case.  I believe the resend option would be a great addition to this. 

• Janis Rozenblats
    edited March 2022 #12

Hello Ines,

Thank you. Just getting set-up. Looking forward to test-phase. Thanks to you and the Pipedrive staff for all the support and development of new tools you provide! I've been a fan for years, since early inception, and now look forward to actually using Pipedrive with more intention.

As we have not done email marketing before (luxury problem, really not having needed to at all...as we are a 100% referral business where one set of results in a project has lead to another for 16 years), we don't actually have a mailing list other than a contacvt list whom we've had communicatio with for years. We would like to do an initial reach out to our long term clients (legitimate interest & already established contacts/communication through our negotiation programs) for opt-in/out for future mails from the platform. We do this because we are introducing new ways of accessing negotiation training virtually with us. 

Now to my question: Would you propose a regular promotional newsletter type of approach with an introduction to our new accessibility, some featured program links & other content... OR ... would you propose a more formally struct message saying 'we've known you & had regular contact for many years...and we are officially asking you to opt-in' type of message?? Or a hybrid of the two with formal opt-in / opt-out buttons? 

I am in no rush...and would like to make the first one count. Again these are all people we know personally and have had in our programs, either as participants or as sponsors/decision makers implementing tailored programs with us. 

Kind Regards,

Evan

Great question @Evan Westerlund . Let's invite Mr @Gints Branks who is our email strategy expert to provide some insights on the best approach here.

• Janis Rozenblats
    edited March 2022 #13

@Scott Burgmeyer I see we have a couple of comments regarding delivery, let's investigate each case and take this offline. @Juris can you please speak with Scott and Admin. Great early case studies to look into.

• Juris_34417
    Juris_34417 Pipedrive Team Posts: 15 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #14

I have sent emails to @Scott Burgmeyer & Admin. 

After some investigation I can say that our email delivery & deliverability infrastructure is at a high level and I think that after receiving additional information from users, we will be able to help users understand how to escape such situations. 

And also I believe we will find something to improve to help other users. 
    Thank you Scott & Admin for your feedback and I will wait replays on my emails. 

• Evan Westerlund
    edited March 2022 #15

Hello Ines,

Kind Regards,

Evan

Thanks...I'll await response.

• John Coleman
    John Coleman Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #16

Part of the reason these are going into the junk mail is that Pipedrive/Campaigns is not authorized to send email on your behalf. This has absolutely nothing to do with the mail server's IP reputation; there could be zero complaints about it and mail will still bounce or be sent to junk folders. Many email servers check SPF and DKIM records before accepting mail or sending it to your inbox and this basic authorization scheme does not seem to be available in Campaigns, nor does it appear to be on a roadmap.  These comments give me no confidence that the Campaigns team is familiar with these standards.

• josh lustyan
    josh lustyan Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited September 2021 #17

@John Coleman  have you had a similar (straight to junk mail) experience when sending emails/campaigns through PD?

• Janis Rozenblats
    edited March 2022 #18

I know how sensitive the email delivery topic is to all who are sending marketing emails. 

You are right John to say that authorization could be an issue for delivery, but only if such authorization is required. The requirement is determined by using certain technologies like DMARC, an email authentication, policy, and reporting protocol. If a company chooses to enable such service for their website domain, then indeed authorization is required for services that do check this, but in most cases, our email infrastructure is fully capable of successfully delivering emails on your behalf without such authentication.

I can assure you that the team behind Campaigns has all the necessary competencies and experience to build and maintain a product that delivers emails to the inbox as we've successfully delivered more than 5 billion emails for 5000+ companies in the last 12 years running Mailigen, an email marketing automation platform that was acquired last year. 

The main reason why we have an extended Beta period and the waitlist is to make sure that the email infrastructure is healthy and prepared for further growth. 

And final comment, email sending domain authentication is on our roadmap, it seemed a less important item to mention in some previous posts, but it is there. 

I truly appreciate the feedback, it keeps us going although we are just at the beginning! Thank you.

• Evan Westerlund
    edited March 2022 #19

Hello Ines,

Kind Regards,

Evan

I am still waiting...received a call Friday when I was unavailable Mailigen/Pipedrive surrounding this, but no callback number and the number also had no caller ID, so I am unable to return that call in any way. I trust I'll hear back / receive a follow-up? Good to knowwhen so that I can adjust my schedule to take the call. Busy---busy, but can certainöy adjust with some heads-up.

• John Coleman
    John Coleman Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #20

Hello Ines,

Kind Regards,

Evan

Evan, we found that the Campaigns team was not responsive to our requests for quotes, access, etc. until we explained how quickly we needed to make a decision on our ESP. We went for months without a callback from an account rep. Perhaps posting here will alleviate that but it's certainly not a good feeling. It took almost a month for my account here to be added, and of course we'd already settled on a competitor by then.

• Janis Rozenblats
    edited March 2022 #21

Hello Ines,

Kind Regards,

Evan

Good points guys. Keep us on our toes for sure. 

---
    @Juris and @Gints Branks tagging you here for visibility!

• Gints Branks
    Gints Branks Posts: 12
    First Comment Pipedrive Team Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #22

Hello Ines,

Kind Regards,

Evan

Hi @Evan Westerlund, 

Thank you for raising this question, and your patience is much appreciated. My apologies for the late response. I was hoping to come to you with a simple solution straight away, however, with Campaigns still being in BETA, for now it's become more of a technical / compliance question than strategical. 

As you've mentioned correctly - until your contacts have opted-in/ given permission to receive marketing emails, it's a contact list instead of a mailing list and the right way to go about it is to get their explicit permission for marketing emails firstly. 

This will make sure you receive no complaints from your contacts, and, what is especially important in the long term- it will protect your sender reputation, and ensure your emails stay out of the SPAM folder. 

Often times in cases, when a big list of emails has been untouched for many months, the best long term solution with no risks, is to start from scratch, by building a new, healthy list of emails, using other channels to get the opt-in. Why? Because sending an email campaign to such campaign can cause damage to the sender reputation and Campaigns infrastructure, which is only being strengthened in this BETA stage. 

We understand that the situation, which you've described is quite a common one, so to help, we're adding a new double opt-in feature soon, so that you're able to safely ask for permission to your list of contacts, but for now, compliance of Campaigns can't support it. (Perhaps if I attend your negotiation training, we can make it happen faster? :D ) 

I understand this is probably not the most exciting answer regarding this, hence I want to come up with a personalised solution, that will help you with this case sooner. 

Regarding the strategy and the next practical steps, I need to learn more about your business and the list (size, engagement, etc.), as it's very individual. 

I tried calling you earlier today (phone number starts with +371 286), feel free to call back tomorrow (30th Sept) any time for a quick chat. 

Or, we can schedule a zoom call for next week? Here's my email: gints.branks@pipedrive.com 

P.S. Massive respect to the 16 years of 100% referral business, always excited to hear such cases! :) 

• Evan Westerlund
    edited March 2022 #23

Hello Ines,

Kind Regards,

Evan

@John Coleman ... sorry you've had a poor experience getting information, John. I can't say the same for myself...at least not within Pipedrive. Service / support has been brilliant. I hope it works out better for you, now that you mention it. 

@Gints Branks ...thank you so much. I appreciate the call yesterday. With the fraudulent calls flying about these days, I never made the connection that it might be you from Pipedrive calling from Latvia. I tend not to pick up a call without previous communication. My apologies.

I really appreciate the full & detailed response. You've answered my questions fully.

We understand that the situation, which you've described is quite a common one, so to help, we're adding a new double opt-in feature soon, so that you're able to safely ask for permission to your list of contacts, but for now, compliance of Campaigns can't support it. 

I look forward to it, and I trust that in time this feature will be solid, like he rest of Pipedrive. Been a big fan since you first came out. In the meantime, I'll get to work on making small tests to understand and get a rhythm going in the Beta.

(Perhaps if I attend your negotiation training, we can make it happen faster? :D )

You know, ALL JOKES aside, I have thought about the Pipedrive team and negotiation, often. It's a very competitive landscape you are in, future successes - gaining market share and truly loyal customers - getting green lights on new tech features - is dependent on negotiations across the board. Not just the 'sales & marketing team', but also the tech teams churning out the code - daily negotiations without a common framework / language and set of best practices to 'find the sweet spot' is a real challenge because many companies view negotiations as transaction-based, and as a tool for self-gain. When, in fact, it can be a set of rocket-blasters for the entire organization when it is not simply left up to instincts & assumptions alone. I work with a number of tech related companies...and the strides they make blow my mind. It's my reason for doing what I do - generating these extraordinary leaps of progress on an organization, team & individual level. 

And the best news of all? Delivery forms for negotiation have changed, significantly thanks to tech. Automated simulations, and instructor led Zoom/Google/Teams meetings with use of breakout rooms allows for people to come together & get powerful learning in a very effective AND efficient way................. so, anytime you & your team(s) are ready to make a big leap, I have some high-powered learning for you ;--).

Thanks again or getting back - I understand your plates are full with the Beta. Its a long awaited, and supercharged addition to the Pipedrive platform.  You nearly lost me to someone who 'claimed' they had the combination of CRM and Email Marketing solved...but didn't. It was a deception. You're solving an important problem/challenge. 

All the best in the dev work.

Kind Regards,

Evan