SENDING letters

Options
Samantha Watkins
Samantha Watkins Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I need to send a mail merge every week with different data.  When I try to export the data it doesn't pull through the whole of the address.. On looking it seems that the GOOGLE  address is incomplete. How TO FIX please how3 do i get the address to appear on separate lines?

Comments

• Chris McQuillan
    Chris McQuillan Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi Samantha
    To gain more control over address fields for merge purposes, I ended up creating custom fields for the address. The downside is that you have to save each address field independently when entering an address, however it makes merging docs so much easier.

Hope this helps.
    Chris - Hiredonline Multiple Job Board Advertising

• Stewart Smith_46561
    Stewart Smith_46561 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021 #3
    Options

Could be the address data has more than one line but the field you are merging into only houses one line of the address. I used to have the same issue with a Filemaker Pro address field which was three lines tall, when it needed to be three separate fields Address1, Address2, Address 3 as per the other reply to your post.  So, you either need to separate it out or have the field you are merging into, match the same number of 'lines' or 'rows' that your data has.

• Samantha Watkins
    Samantha Watkins Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021 #4
    Options

Hi Samantha
    To gain more control over address fields for merge purposes, I ended up creating custom fields for the address. The downside is that you have to save each address field independently when entering an address, however it makes merging docs so much easier.

Hope this helps.

thank you I will give it a go, I have already got 4000 records so I will have to do them manually I suppose? 

• Stewart Smith_46561
    Stewart Smith_46561 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021 #5
    Options

If you are using Excel you might be able to do text to columns as long as there is a delimiter like a ‘,’. But I still think you might have quite a bit of manual checking and editing to get it right. Good luck!

• Chris McQuillan
    Chris McQuillan Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021 #6
    Options

Hi Samantha

Hope this helps.

You could try the excel solution mentioned by Stewart. It's fairly straight forward to create separate fields from one cell in excel. The only challenge you'll have here is if the format of the single cell varies across records. Worth a try.

This bit is for the more advanced programmers... we populated the single address fields in Pipedrive by making use of their api. We have the addresses in a mysql database and simply mapped the fields to the newly created fields in Pipedrive. You'd probably need a programmer to do this, but it's possible.

With 4000 records, this may  be an opportunity to go through each record and validate the data, resulting in bang up to date info in Pipedrive.