88% of Salespeople Regularly Work on Soft Skills: Here’s How to Sharpen Yours 🤝

Manuel Oliveira
Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

According to our State of Sales Report 2020-2021, 88% of sales professionals actively work on improving their soft skills. Furthermore, those working on their soft skills are 11% more likely to achieve their regular sales targets. So, why are so many salespeople allocating time to developing soft skills? And, why is their effort paying off?

In this article we’ll define what soft skills are, why they’re important to your sales team and how you can take measures to sharpen them. We’ll also help you spot soft skills during the hiring process and explore why you shouldn’t underestimate the power of saying no.

sharpen-your-soft-skills.png

Comments

• Renat Gabitov
    Renat Gabitov Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2022 #2

People who work from home the most feel more successful about the work they do:

I'd imagine the opposite! 

Thanks for sharing, Manuel. 

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,052 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2021 #3

People who work from home the most feel more successful about the work they do:

I'd imagine the opposite! 

Thanks for sharing, Manuel. 

Well noted @Renat Gabitov . The state of sales report for 2020  does show a lot of interesting results that I believe may not necessarily contradict themselves. 
    It seems that while salespeoples' perception of being successful at sales was slightly smaller for those who work from home the most, the overall perception was that 59% of salespeople believe they became more successful at sales in 2020 and 81% expect an increase in sales this year. Quite fascinating considering 2020 was one of the most challenging years for business in recent memory!