Deals Layout - Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Bob Pilkey
Bob Pilkey Member Posts: 2
First Comment

Hi there;

I have been using pipedrive for a few mouths and have a couple of suggests / comments that a pipedrive support person recommended  that I post.  

Here they are:

1. On the Organization page, I would like to see of the open deals for each customer.  Currently there is a 5 Deal limit that are shown on the main page.  You have to select the "see all deals" button to see the rest.  I find this quite inconvenient.  Being able to see of the deals in one area would be a lot better for me.
  2. Also on the topic of Deals.  When I receive a  P.O. from my customer, I consider that a "Won" Deal.  After receiving it, we need to build the product,  deliver it and follow up to confirm customer satisfaction.  Currently when I press the Won button the Deal is essentially closed.  Now I have to leave the deal as open (not won) in order to keep the customer information easily accessible.  I would prefer the Deal to stay open until the whole process is finished. But still be able to mark it as sold, so it can be included in the stats.

These are a couple of things I would like changed.  Do you any of you have similar needs?  Please let us know. 

Thanks, Bob

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2

Deal stages or status doesn't drive progress in Pipedrive. You can always set up activities for a deal regardless of the status or the stage of the pipeline the deal is in. So in your case, you can set up activities after a deal is won. The problem is with how and where you're viewing your data in Pipedrive. If you're a sales person, the deals pipeline view doesn't help at all when it comes to trying to close sales. Always work out of the activities tab and let activities drive your sales process.

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited October 2021 #3

Hi Bob!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with your feedback, it's really appreciated.

It has been forwarded directly to our product team through an internal channel, so I can ensure you that it is valued and taken into consideration.

For now, what I would suggest is to:

1. Check deals by the organization from the deals list view instead of from the Organisation details page. Like here: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/DtxspJ
    2.  Sending those (won) deals to a new pipeline and adding the filter "deal - status is - won" to that pipeline. You will be able to continue working on your deals even if they are marked as won and the information will be more organized.

Hope this helps!
    Andreia

• Bob Pilkey
    Bob Pilkey Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited October 2021 #4

Deal stages or status doesn't drive progress in Pipedrive. You can always set up activities for a deal regardless of the status or the stage of the pipeline the deal is in. So in your case, you can set up activities after a deal is won. The problem is with how and where you're viewing your data in Pipedrive. If you're a sales person, the deals pipeline view doesn't help at all when it comes to trying to close sales. Always work out of the activities tab and let activities drive your sales process.

Hi Amit;

Thanks for your comments.  Yes, 90% of my time on Pipedrive is in the Activities view.  While there I would like to see all of the current deals I am working on.  With some customers there are more than 5.  When you scroll down there is lots of room for deals to be listed, I'm puzzled why they would limit it to 5. I would also like deals to stay active until the product is delivered to the customer.  Now when I press the "Won" button (when I receive a PO) they are moved to a different field and are not considered active at that point.  

Thanks, Bob 

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited October 2021 #5

You can create a new filter to show all open and won deals.

• Nick Giordano
    Nick Giordano Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #6

Bob - We have a similar scenario in our business - we use the labels on the deals as a way to circumvent this.  A deal may be won - but the labels also dictate where in the actual "fulfillment" process our orders are.  Like you said - Deal is WON, but the job isn't really complete. 

We have set up a filtered Pipeline view to provide that full view of where things are in OUR process won or not.  It also helps as the labels also provide a color coding on our pipeline view to see where a deal is.

Hope that helps!