Insights help: revenue by activation, not close date

Options
chris pattinson
chris pattinson Member Posts: 1
edited June 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi, I'm trying to look at my weighted revenue pipeline and can't seem to find a way to show it based on distribution; I can only seem to see it based on expected close date and the whole deal value is added to that month.

For context: I run a media company and a deal might be $10,000 per month for 6 months actualising between Jul - Dec so I create an opportunity using these amounts and date ranges. I have it in my pipeline at 50% probability. As it only becomes revenue when it actualises Jul - Dec, I want to see my pipeline reflect 10K each moth Jul - Dec, and the weighted pipeline show 5K in the same time period. Currently I see the weighted pipe as $30,000 in Feb and it carry through the rest of the year as weighted revenue, which in my world, is not helpful. 

Is there a way to change the view to see what I'm looking for? Do I need to change something in the opportunity set up for the insights to reflect revenue divided evenly across the activation timeframe, or am I stuck with seeing full revenue added to the pipeline based on expected closed date?

Thanks do much for any help anyone can offer!
CP