How to streamline Duplicate-Checks?

Options
Roman_20431
Roman_20431 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi all,

I am currently wondering if there are any best practices how to check whether a Lead already exists in our Pipedrive? 
Really best case would be to somehow have an excel list and it returns something like "already existant" or  "not existant yet" to that excel sheet. 

Is there a way to do it? Or what are other best practices? We will start hiring multiple SDRs and I'm just so unsure how to prevent chaos :o 

Thank you so much in advance.

Best,
Roman

Comments

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited October 2021 #2
    Options

Hi Roman,

so pipedrive have some sort of duplicity mechanism, which will notify you when you are creating deal/organisation/person, that the input is already in pipedrive.

From my experience, it is important to define what field is signaling duplicite Lead. If we are looking from perspective of the Lead, it will probably be an email, since SDRs can name the Lead differently. 

Based on the email, you will be able to spot them in Pipedrive directly, however, you can also use 3rd party solutions or once in a while export an excel and compare the data.

Nevertheless it is time consuming, so I would suggest to create a manual for SDRs to prevent the duplicates (for example - before you will add new Lead, insert email to search bar in pipedrive to check if person is not in database already)

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 844
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited October 2021 #3
    Options

Deduply is great at automating some of the deduping

https://dedupe.ly/pipedrive/