Is there a way to segment insight reports by organisation fields?

Fergus Glass
Fergus Glass Member Posts: 2
First Anniversary
edited May 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Does anyone know of a way to get round the below issue:

When I try to segment a deal performance insight report, it only allows me segment by deal fields (such as 'lost reason'), but not by organisation fields (such as 'organisation sector'). 

Tagged:

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2021 #2

You can't do it.

• Camille Gindre
    Camille Gindre Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2022 #3

Hey Fergus, 
    I have exactly the same need as yours - and just learnt from the Pipedrive support that it wasn't possible yet. 
    Here is our use case: when we close a deal, we mark the size of the new client org in the org page (based on the Linkedin fields: 0-1 employees, 2-10, 11-50 etc).
    => now I would like to get a pie chart showing how represented each org size is in the deals we closed over the past year. 
    => + I would like to make a pie chart for this new year, which would automatically update - so it is always fresh in our monthly dashboard. 

=> I would like to do this also with Person fields (job titles in particular, to better know our ICP)

@Jalila Kabrane @Julia Kraus 
    Maybe the Pipedrive product team will hear us 🙏😁

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2022 #4

Hey Fergus, 
    I have exactly the same need as yours - and just learnt from the Pipedrive support that it wasn't possible yet. 
    Here is our use case: when we close a deal, we mark the size of the new client org in the org page (based on the Linkedin fields: 0-1 employees, 2-10, 11-50 etc).
    => now I would like to get a pie chart showing how represented each org size is in the deals we closed over the past year. 
    => + I would like to make a pie chart for this new year, which would automatically update - so it is always fresh in our monthly dashboard. 

=> I would like to do this also with Person fields (job titles in particular, to better know our ICP)

You should explore setting up a data pipeline with tools like Coupler or Flatly and then visualize what you need using Tableau or Google Data Studio.

• Camille Gindre
    Camille Gindre Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2022 #5

Hey Fergus, 

Thanks for your reply Amit, yes indeed! Actually so far I do exports and manage the data in excel. 

• Michael Sittek
    Michael Sittek Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022 #6

Same here :-(

• Rob
    Rob Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

It would be very usefull indeed. I would love to see from what source/type of organisation we can the most results. Is there any news on this?

• MaximilianValentino
    MaximilianValentino Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited May 2023 #8

If the organization field you want to segment by is crucial for your reporting needs, you could create a corresponding custom post to deal field that mirrors the organization field. This way, you can populate the custom deal field with the relevant information from the organization field, allowing you to segment the report based on the custom deal field.

Regards and best wishes