How to track campaigns in PD

Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hi, I am looking for solutions how to track campaigns. I really like group emails from PD - I set the case:

So far I have organisation labeled as customer, etc. - I want to send all of my customers some new study or some limited offer for some consulting service:

what I do: I filter persons based on criteria, create custom field, label the one I want to address and send a group email - after that, in a week, I go back, read the answers, create custom field "response" and label them again based on the response - this is not great and time consuming

what I need: 

I need to work much more with these campaigns - to have some overview for reporting in time - 
I need to get info how this specific campaign was effective - who responded, which company responded, who clicked on the emails, what was the reaction

is there any integration, how to do it and still keep sending it by using group emails in PD?

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited April 2022 #2

@Gints Branks @Janis Geranins is this potentially planned in the Mailigen integration?

@Martin Pecha perhaps you've seen the news last month but Mailigen was acquired by Pipedrive so there will be many exciting things coming up when it comes to marketing automation. 

Otherwise perhaps an integration like Outfunnel can help as well (@Markus Leming @Andrus Purde ) or any other Marketing automation tools.

• Janis Geranins_2639
    Janis Geranins_2639 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Currently the Mailigen - Pipedrive integration is in beta status, but it is already possible to pass data about opens and clicks, screenshot from integration panel .

You can test the integration with the mentioned feature right now by signing up for a free 30 day trial account with Mailigen. By the end of May the integration should be upgraded and fully launched (no more beta version).

A step by step guide on how to set up integration between Mailigen and PD is available here.

Easy cloud file sharing for Mac, Windows, and iOS.
  • Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #4

@Martin Pecha  Outfunnel allows you to send out emails or sequences of emails to any segment you've defined with a Pipedrive filter. And email opens / clicks are recorded back in Pipedrive as Activities, so you could plan follow-up activities. See here 

Coming in the next 2-3 weeks: automatically stopping a campaign once someone has opened, clicked or replied to an email. 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited April 2020 #5

@Martin Pecha  Outfunnel allows you to send out emails or sequences of emails to any segment you've defined with a Pipedrive filter. And email opens / clicks are recorded back in Pipedrive as Activities, so you could plan follow-up activities. See here 

Coming in the next 2-3 weeks: automatically stopping a campaign once someone has opened, clicked or replied to an email. 

@Andrus Purde thanks - how about selecting specific fields to campaigns from contact details - is that possible in outfunnel? in Klenty, the basic versions lack this

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited April 2020 #6

Currently the Mailigen - Pipedrive integration is in beta status, but it is already possible to pass data about opens and clicks, screenshot from integration panel .

You can test the integration with the mentioned feature right now by signing up for a free 30 day trial account with Mailigen. By the end of May the integration should be upgraded and fully launched (no more beta version).

A step by step guide on how to set up integration between Mailigen and PD is available here.

I was checking Mailigen - but this is some sort of subscription model. We are not sending newsletters often. We are B2B with limited clients so we are selling usually offers for some one way reports or long term cooperations. From my understanding, Mailigen is more about having subscribers and send them some regular info.

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited February 2022 #7

@Mike van der Valk I was also looking for some integration within the pipedrive - so when someone wants to send something they do not have to log into another tool, but it is done directly within the pipedrive - are there any integrations sort of this type?

• Andrus Purde
    edited April 2020 #8

Yes, you can use any Person or Organization custom field as email content.

And with regards to your question to Mike below - Outfunnel works off of Pipedrive filters, so you can start and stop campaigns just by changing contents of fields in Pipedrive or moving deals around, without logging into Outfunnel (provided you've logged in at least once and set things up)

Here's a case study of how we ourselves use Pipedrive and Outfunnel in case you're interested 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited April 2020 #9

@Mike van der Valk I was also looking for some integration within the pipedrive - so when someone wants to send something they do not have to log into another tool, but it is done directly within the pipedrive - are there any integrations sort of this type?

Looks like @Andrus Purde answered you right up here ;) thanks Andrus :) 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited April 2020 #10

the case study is nice - I like the connection to measure changelog activity and automates tasks around that in PD

we are in general struggling with different set-up - we are very niche - B2B company selling data products to pharmaceutical companies 
    - we run 2 type of campaigns:
    - find a company - create deal - send email - negotiate the subscription
    - or select specific people in companies - send them one way offer for some consulting job or data

there is the issue, that this is currently done by - selecting persons in PD and sending group emails - creating deals for each person in this case are probably not efficient - so running some automatise sending from Outfunnel (as well as Pipedrive) by moving deal around is not (maybe I am wrong) possible - at least from my perspective of knowledge

• Janis Geranins_2639
    Janis Geranins_2639 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #11

Hello @Martin Pecha 

Your thoughts on Mailigen are correct. It is about having a subscriber list where people gave permission/consent to send them emails and regular campaigns are recommended to keep your email list in good shape. 

Besides monthly subscription we provide email credits, this model is more suited for irregular senders. You can check Mailigen's pay as you go pricing here

• Andrus Purde
    edited April 2020 #12

So you'd like to select people in Pipedrive and an email to go out to them?

In that case I'd make a custom field "Send campaign" etc. and have options there (Campaign A, Campaign B, etc). You can then create a Pipedrive filter for each of the segments (people where "Send campaign" field equals "Campaign A" and set up a campaign for each of these filters in Outfunnel.

Then, whenever you change the contents of that "Send campaign" field in Pipedrive, the right campaign would start (or stop) in Outfunnel. See more here

Did this make sense?