Why emails show opened so many times>

Options
Christy Lawrence
Christy Lawrence Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I often see the email is opened a huge amount of times and don't really understand if the receiver is actually opening the email over and over? I've seen them over 100+ times and it doesn't really make sense to me. I would appreciate any insight :) Thanks in advance, Christy

5ea1bfc2c522eb45520c3efa_26409.png
5ea1bfc26d5db91f4df60304_60576.png

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Christy Lawrence !

If the email was sent to multiple recipients who opened it, any time one of the recipients opens it, it will be counted as an instance and will indeed show up in the little tracking report you're seeing. Same thing if you only send the email to a single recipient: each time they open it will be counted.

However, if you feel this is an excessive number of counts, reach out to our Support team and they can help you troubleshoot and investigate further. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Christy Lawrence 

There’s a lot of variables that can cause this.
    Our email tracking feature is very sensitive. Meaning any soft refresh would cause the number to increase.
    That even includes the user who sent it. Also if the email is forwarded to someone else, it technically includes the pixel used to track the amount of clicks. In other words, this would also attribute to higher clicks.
    In case you have one specific email that you know hasn't been forwarded or refreshed and it still happens do let us know so we can investigate.
    And what Inês said above is also true!