Calendly and PipeDrive

Options
Mariano Rodriguez
Mariano Rodriguez Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

PipeDrive and Calendly

I used Zapier to create a zap that creates a new deal in PD when someone schedules a meeting via Calendly.

What I want is the Zap to be created as part of an existing deal (assuming one exists).

My thinking is that it can be set up to add to an existing deal if the person who created a Calendly meeting used the same email as one associated with an existing deal.

If not (let’s say there’s no existing deal or the person used a different email), then a new deal is created.

Is this possible or am I aiming too high? Lol.

Thanks.

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

You can do this using Zapier search functionality.

Before creating a new deal, have it search if one exists. 

• Mariano Rodriguez
    edited November 2021 #3
    Options

You can do this using Zapier search functionality.

Before creating a new deal, have it search if one exists. 

Hi Boris,

Thank you! Have it search if one exists based on what criteria? The email associated an existing deal (assuming they use the same email when creating a Calendly appointment). Does my question make sense?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

You can create a person if the search doesn't find a person already exists. However, there could be many or no deals associated with one person. You need to carefully define the behavior for each case. Also, using Zapier, it is probably impossible to find all deals associated with a person. It is doable using Integromat though.

• Mariano Rodriguez
    edited November 2021 #5
    Options

You can create a person if the search doesn't find a person already exists. However, there could be many or no deals associated with one person. You need to carefully define the behavior for each case. Also, using Zapier, it is probably impossible to find all deals associated with a person. It is doable using Integromat though.

Hi Amit,

Thank you! Would I use Integromat and Zapier together or ONLY Integromat? Thanks again.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited November 2021 #6
    Options

Just one should be sufficient.

You just need to define what needs to happen when:

1. A person is not found.
    2. A person is found but there is no deal.
    3. A person is found but there is one deal.
    4. A person is found bu there are more than 1+ deals.
  • Andrus Purde
    Andrus Purde Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2021 #7
    Options

Adding a potential solution here: Outfunnel + Pipedrive workflow automation

We recently added Pipedrive-Calendly integration that:

• automatically checks whether the contact already exists or not
    • If not, creates a new contact
    • creates a new custom Activity in Pipedrive
    • copies content from Calendly submission into Pipedrive with custom field mapping (without overwriting existing content)

The integration currently doesn't create a new Deal (this is coming in Q1) but you could use the custom Activity as an input for PD workflow automation to create a new Deal. Also coming soon is automatically capturing traffic source and saving this in Pipedrive.