Feature request : Automatically add product descriptions to the product note when adding a product t

Options
Tanguy Delehonte
Tanguy Delehonte Member Posts: 1

Hello Pipedrive, I need some help

Today, when we create products, we can add a label, but also a more detailed description.  

However, when we add a product in a deal, the label appears, but not the description which is essential. Instead, it is possible to add a note. This note should be replaced by the description of the product when it was filled in the product form.

I tried to create an automation to fill this field automatically, but Pipedrive doesn't let you use the product data.  

Working with the Syncq Syncrhonization tool to connect Pipedrive and Quickbooks, this missing feature breaks my entire integration chain for something that makes sense to me.  

Why offer a product description if it doesn't appear when adding a product to a deal?  

I would like to have a follow up on this request if possible.

Thank you,

Tagged:

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited December 2021 #2
    Options

If you are looking for a solution, you can probably do this using Integromat.

• Craig Beaumont
    Craig Beaumont Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Options

Oh yes, this would be a massive help to my team, as we need the frequently edit the product description as we manufacture bespoke products.

Especially now Pidrive have fixed the VAT issue and I am going fully into smart docs, so editing a predefined note will edit across all works documents........this would be a game changer for my teams workflow

• Craig Beaumont
    Craig Beaumont Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Options

Please update this Pipdrive

Automatically pull in a product description from products in Pipedrive. or at least have the description available on this screen so we can copy over the base description and edit in the notes box.

As a bespoke joinery/manufacturing business we frequently edit the base description of a product, it would be fantastic to be able to edit this description, then this would reflect a cross all smart documents.

We have several documents including Quotes, Works Orders, Delivery Notes, Invoices & Drawings, we currently have to edit every SmartDoc separately, this is prone to type and description errors from one document to another.

We could copy and paste from the original document but this is a very clumsy way of achieving what could be very simple if implemented via this screen