Email Tracking

Options
KR
KR Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

How does Email Tracking work? Does it only register if the email was opened in another window?

For instance, I can see through link tracking that 10 people have clicked on the link in my email but apparently nobody has opened it? What does that mean?

Answers

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 171
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited December 2021 #2
    Options

Hi!

All email tracking works by adding a tracking pixel to the email you send. When the email is opened, the tracking pixel is "seen" and so we can have the information that the email was opened. Unfortunately, browsers, extensions and email providers (among and others) all have ways to block these tracking pixels. This makes it so that the information is sometimes not 100% reliable. We sadly cannot control this.

The best way to go around this is to take into consideration both the information from the link tracking and the email opening together. That should give you more accurate information.

Hope this helps!

• YM
    YM Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

hi,

What about when you have an email opened 6 or 7 times? could that be an error too? or can someone actually open the email 6 or 7 times?

Thank you.

Yarina

• Frank Filippelli
    Frank Filippelli Member Posts: 91
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@Andreia Freixo We need a good Pipedrive chrome extension like they have on Hubspot. It would make it so much easier to send trackable emails. And the Pipedrive mobile app should send notifications when the email is opened as well.

• YM
    YM Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Well HubSpot is way ahead in so many things but that is why it is very expensive. However I agree.

• Frank Filippelli
    Frank Filippelli Member Posts: 91
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@YM Yes, but that not entirely true Hubspot provides some of these very basic features for about $35/month currently I'm paying $116/month for Pipedrive. And Pipedrive does have the potential to be way better than Hubspot if they ever decide to make some real updates.